Community Forum

Old School suggestion - doesn't mean its wrong - personalized printable TV guides

New Poster

Old School suggestion - doesn't mean its wrong - personalized printable TV guides

I switched to Xfinity about 2 months ago.  I was with Verizon Fios for 20+ years.  I was told the Xfinity "experience" was much better.  I can honestly say, it REALLY is much better.  The remote control is better, the guide is better, the data feeds (i.e. in game stats, movie info, actor info) are better, and I never thought I would use the voice controls ... I was wrong ... the remote voice controls have made the switch 1000% easier than I thought it would be.

If I could offer an "old school" suggestion ... find away for people to print out their current list of channels in such a way that that the user can go online and print out the channels (channel icon and number) that they are currently interested in.

I understand this is VERY old school ... here is why I think its still important.  It would allow the user to get the value out of ALL your content.  For example, when I went to your site xfinity.com/support/local-channel-lineup its a list of every channel, which is okay - but it has the non-digital channels and the digitial channels mixed in.  Hear me out ...  don't try to address my suggestion just yet. 

What people need is a way to configure that local-channel-lineup document in away that matches their viewing.  So if I have digital channel, why would I ever watch the on-digital channel?  I understand there are channels that are non-digital and you should give me the option to see them - but your current local-channel-lineup document is so busy it looks like a bad resume from the 1990's.  More than likely the people who are not "cutting the cord" would want to be able to do this. 

Having a one page - colorful document - is all I ask.

Thanks.

Official Employee

Re: Old School suggestion - doesn't mean its wrong - personalized printable TV guides

Greetings, lfmullen! I appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us here on the forums. I hope you are having an amazing day. I certainly appreciate your feedback and suggestion. I will make sure this gets forward to the proper channels to see if this is something we would be able to do. This certainly is an interesting idea. I was looking into the link you sent me. It looks like you could copy it all and paste it into an excel spreadsheet, but then you would need to take the time to go through and format it as well to make sure the cells were all lined up and then remove what you didn't want from the sheet. This is something of a workaround in the meantime. Was there anything else I could assist you with?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Old School suggestion - doesn't mean its wrong - personalized printable TV guides

Hello, lfmullen. I have not heard back from you and appreciate the feedback again. If you still need assistance, please feel free to start a new public thread.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!