Community Forum

O Others Have 4k Masters Coverage

Frequent Visitor

O Others Have 4k Masters Coverage

Why.....does Direct TV have 4K HDR coverage of the Masters and once again, Comcast has nada
Regular Contributor

Re: O Others Have 4k Masters Coverage

yeah that's sad

Expert

@BrianT1968 wrote:
Why.....does Direct TV have 4K HDR coverage of the Masters and once again, Comcast has nada

The Direct TV coverage is the same as last year. It covers around 4 holes near "Amen Corner".

A special 4K app for the Masters on Amen Corner showed up on my Samsung 3D UHD television on Thursday for Round 1. The app worked fine for live coverage in 4K. I used my 40 inch Sony Bravia to watch the regular linear cable broadcast in HD. The tvs sit side by side. The 4 days coverage in live 4K were done without commercials since they had not figured out how to insert commercials in regular HD.

I hope the 4K app is made available again this coming week. If not I will just watch the golf on linear cable and convert the signal to 3D  for viewing.

New Poster

Comcast needs to get their stuff together with 4k material or many will be jumping ship to direct tv. 

Expert

As of this time, the "Master's golf" 4K app has not shown up under any app headings on my Samsung UHD television.

I suspect they were not able to insert commercials on the app for use this year, and where not willing to use the app for live golf without commercials like last year.

Highlighted
Contributor

Agreed, if this is going to be another year where only DirecTV carries 4K sports, it really doesn't matter to me that I have a 4K box if I can't use it for anything but Netflix, as I can get that in 4K with numerous other sources.  It's the live coverage that we need to start seeing here.  This is getting old.  The Olympics was a decent attempt, although a day late on coverage but at least it wasn't exclusive to one provider.