Community Forum

No sound on NBC

New Poster

No sound on NBC

Anyone else have this problem?? How do u fix it ?
Expert

Re: No sound on NBC

@Miss1a wrote:
Anyone else have this problem?? How do u fix it ?

We need more information.

Are you talking about the HD channel for NBC (network found OTA)?   If so do you get sound on the lower NBC SD channel?

Anytime either picture or sound is missing, you have a weak signal reaching the television. Check all for cable connections for loose ends. Make sure all required cables are connected between box and television per you television's instructions.   Reset the cable-box after checking all connections.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Same problem happens only on NBC News @ 5:30. Happen couple months ago came back..again only happens on NBC News. All cable connections fine.

New Poster

Same here. No sound on NBC.
Regular Visitor

This started for me on Saturday. NBC will work for about 30 seconds before a small "glitch" and then the sound goes completely out. All TV's, all Roku through Xfinity Stream Beta. Tried channels 12 and 1013, both are NBC (Indianapolis).
Regular Contributor

This had happened to me several times while watching The Blacklist  last fall and spring.  It would happen in the last 20 minutes of the show.  I would turn to the ON demand version and it would be OK. I'm in the Chicago area.

Frequent Visitor

NBC

I had problem of new sound when watching NBC Nightly News using Xfinity App on my TV with a Roku Player. I also had the problem watching NBC Nightly News using Xfinity App on my iPad. Solution was to fix two settings when watching Nightly News: 1) SAP (Secondary Audio Program) needs to be selected and 2) Audio Description needs to be set to off.   For more info, do a Google Search for "Accessibility Options in the Xfinity Stream App.  

Frequent Visitor

NBC

My earlier post had a typo - there was no sound (not new sound) when watching NBC Nightly News using Xfinity App. Solution was as mentioned in the earlier post: check to be sure SAP (Secondary Audio Program) has been selected and also check that Audio Description has been set to off.  

New Poster

I have the same issue - no sound on NBC channels both HD and basic, except for commercials on one mini box, which started this week sometime. Just rebooted the mini box for the third time, and still not working (I also rebooted the main box once, which was also out of sync in live sport play by about 1 minute compared the the mini box, to see if that would help the mini box). 

New Poster

Me too. No sound on 206
New Poster

Happens to me all the tme on channel 206
New Poster

No sound on 206
New Poster

No sound on nbcsn 206