Community Forum

No more radio

New Poster

No more radio

Boo Hiss on Comcast. I am a 72-year-old female with a severe sleep disturbance. I listen to a radio station at night to help me relax. I've tried Music Choice and the light coming from the screen changes prohibits me from sleeping. I am low income and am on Internet Essentials, and cannot afford to subscribe to yet one more thing that costs MONEY! Cutting off radio arbitrarily splits your customers into class and is a discriminatory business practice.

Expert

Re: No more radio

@Fayed293 wrote:

Boo Hiss on Comcast. I am a 72-year-old female with a severe sleep disturbance. I listen to a radio station at night to help me relax. I've tried Music Choice and the light coming from the screen changes prohibits me from sleeping. I am low income and am on Internet Essentials, and cannot afford to subscribe to yet one more thing that costs MONEY! Cutting off radio arbitrarily splits your customers into class and is a discriminatory business practice.

Try TuneIn Radio.  You can download the app to your computer [it's free, btw] and you can find a lot of free radio stations of all genres.  I have it on my phone and have used it quite a bit.  I have used it for a few years now and really like it.

Also, try setting your screen light to low at night, or toss a towel over it to block out some of the light.

I understand about not being able to sleep well at night because I have chronic insomnia.  I used to have a personal radio set to talk radio and would listen to that all night, well, part of the night because it would put me to sleep - it's the "white noise" that helps.

Good luck!

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!