Community Forum

No more commercials

New Poster

No more commercials

We pay for tv so lets lose the commercials!

Tags (1)
Regular Contributor

Re: No more commercials

Not quite.  You pay for Comcast providing you with, among other things:

(a) the ability to watch local channels with a decent quality picture - or, in some cases like mine, where I live too far away from the broadcast antennas - watch local channels at all;

(b) the ability to read through a program guide, and even search for programs;

(c) On Demand programs.

One thing I agree with you on: get rid of the commercials put there by Comcast (as opposed to by the broadcasting stations) - this was one of the reasons I left Comcast about eight years ago (what happened was, Comcast would replace a channel's late night infomercials with ones of its own, but somebody forgot about the switch back from Daylight Saving Time one year, so the infomercials replaced an hour of programming for a week or two).

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@ThatDonGuy wrote:

Not quite.  You pay for Comcast providing you with, among other things:

(a) the ability to watch local channels with a decent quality picture - or, in some cases like mine, where I live too far away from the broadcast antennas - watch local channels at all;

(b) the ability to read through a program guide, and even search for programs;

(c) On Demand programs.

One thing I agree with you on: get rid of the commercials put there by Comcast (as opposed to by the broadcasting stations) - this was one of the reasons I left Comcast about eight years ago (what happened was, Comcast would replace a channel's late night infomercials with ones of its own, but somebody forgot about the switch back from Daylight Saving Time one year, so the infomercials replaced an hour of programming for a week or two).

Each national network reserves time during its programming for local commercials. Comcast and other telecom providers insert those commercials into the allotted slots. 

New Poster

Commercials being played during movies.

Valued Contributor

@slthompson wrote:

Commercials being played during movies.

Watch TCM. No commercials.