Community Forum

No Big Ten Network in Florida

New Poster

No Big Ten Network in Florida

Many many Florida winter residents, like me, from states* with Big Ten teams are most distressed that Xfinity has eliminated the Big Ten Network channel in the state. Today, for example, we'll be unable to view 3 basketball games. 

We Big Ten fans urge Xfinity to at least include this channel during the winter months.  If not, I, and no doubt other fans, will cut the Xfinity cord.

* Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Ohio, New Jersey, Maryland, Pennsylvania

Official Employee

Re: No Big Ten Network in Florida

Hi JSB3, the information that (ComcastTeds) shared below is correct. Feel free to reach back out to me here or via PM if you need assistance adding this network to your account, I am here to help. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: No Big Ten Network in Florida

@JSB3 wrote:

Many many Florida winter residents, like me, from states* with Big Ten teams are most distressed that Xfinity has eliminated the Big Ten Network channel in the state. Today, for example, we'll be unable to view 3 basketball games. 

We Big Ten fans urge Xfinity to at least include this channel during the winter months.  If not, I, and no doubt other fans, will cut the Xfinity cord.

* Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Ohio, New Jersey, Maryland, Pennsylvania

Apologies for any confusion we may have caused.

To clarify, Big 10 Network is currently available in your area (and all Comcast areas of Florida) as a part of the optional Sports Entertainment Package. 

In your area Big 10 Network is on channel 742 and in HD on channel 1313. 

Currently, the Sports Entertainment Package is available on a promotional price in your area for $4.99 a month for 6 months.  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!