Community Forum

Nick Jr HD

Highlighted
New Poster

Nick Jr HD

I'd like to add my hat to the growing numbe rof people outraged by the fact that while Nick Jr. HD is offered by almost every other cable provider, XFinity has apparently decided not to provide this service with all of the other HD content.

Note: Full disclosure, my wife nd I just switched over from FIOS yesterday. We were customers for years but they could not figure out why our picture was freezing at regular intervals and some other fun. 

Of course, our 3-yr old and 10 mos old watch Nick Jr HD every single night for the Bubbleguppies and Abby Hatcher shows. We were told Nick Jr HD would be included when we signed up with XFinity, but lo and behold, it's not.

In chat, an XFinity rep told us it was a box issue and they could send a tech out.
On the phone, XFinity told us it was "weird" we weren't getting it and that the fact that there were two Nick Jr channels would seem to indicate the HD one was coming, date TBD if at all.
In several message boards, people have reported this hasn't been an option for years.

I have to be honest, there is seemingly no reason why such a popular kids channel is not available, and we now have to use XFinity's OWN APPLICATION to get streaming Nick Jr. HD to the TV via a Chromecast as a workaround )and we can't record those).

What the heck is going on here?  Is XFInity getting Nick Jr. HD...ever?  Or should we just switch back?

New Poster

Re: Nick Jr HD

Honestly, this is such an issue for me (because godforbid we don't have at least 20 epidsodes of Bubble Guppies stored on our DVR). I recently moved and xfinity is my only option. I will change back to Fios the second it comes into my area.  Between this and the inability to schedule my DVR remotely I miss Fios already and it's only been 3 days!

I used to think Fios didn't care about their customers, but these issues are so basic

New Poster

Totally agree, Gwen. We picked XFinity for the cheaper rate but if we had known they didn't have Nick Jr. in HD, we probably wouldn't have done the switch to be honest. Nick Jr. is habitual for my 3 and 1 yr olds and I can't believe we have to stream the HD content from XFinity's own app to circumvent this. Calling, chatting and emailing yielded three different answers, none of which was a solution. Bah.

New Poster

Just want to keep this thread alive - just got Xfinity again and the two channels I requested were Disney jr and Nick Jr - which the nice rep said I would have in the package - and I do - just not in HD but I can stream it on the App?? Great but I literally have 200+ channels and these are the only two with no HD? Seems silly as Comcast builds another 80 story highrise in Philly and I can't get Nick Jr in HD but FiOS and everyone else has it.... I think we can do better
Official Employee

Hey JayStams, thanks for posting about your channel line up concerns. We regularly examine our channel lineups and talk with a wide range of programmers to ensure that we are bringing the content that our customers want the most. We appreciate your feedback and thank you for taking time to reach out to us. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!