Community Forum

New HD channels added but only on Streaming

Most Valued Poster

New HD channels added but only on Streaming

Noticed on the Xfinity Stream App channels 1115 ( Newsmax tv) and 1118 ( i24 ) are added I can access and watch them using stream app but these channels are still not available thru my tv. Currently using a TiVo Bolt+ on the Comcast of Garden State NJ system ( 08054 ). Anyone know why??? I was reading the TiVo Community forums and these 2 channels may be part of comcast IPtv new system. Please address. Thanks
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: New HD channels added but only on Streaming

Dorianberry add my channel
Frequent Visitor

So, is this channel going to actually be added to TV or is just going to be something that is streamed?  right now it's only available to be streamed.

Problem Solver

These 2 channels, along with Z Living HD (1495) are only distributed through the X1 platform. People on older boxes, as well as those on Tivo will not receive these channels, from all accounts I have heard.

There is no linear version of these channels, and no intent to add them, as far as I am aware.

Frequent Visitor

So, what is the bottom lline with Newsmax?  Does Comcast have the intention of making it a regular TV channel?  Or will it always be a channel that has to be streamed?  Orginally, Comcast stated that it would be placed on their digtal starter package.  But from what I've been told, that has not happened yet.

Silver Problem Solver

I think those channels, and many more in the future (especially niche market channels) will be IPTV, which means X1 only. IPTV uses the cable box's network connection to view the channel instead of using normal cable QAM channels.

Frequent Visitor

So if the X1 box decodes the channel, why isn't it coming through on my TV since I have the latest X1 cable box?

Frequent Visitor

I recently had a TiVo and was also unable to watch those channels until I moved to the X1. I was told by some one at Comcast is testing iptv some channels in some markets.

Frequent Visitor

These channels will only be available in IP formate; the beginning of transition.