Community Forum

New Channel Only Shows on One TV

Highlighted
New Poster

New Channel Only Shows on One TV

I added a new channel to my lineup, but it only comes up on one (the main) TV.  I can understand maybe not showing up on older TVs, but one of the is a newer flat screen.  How can I get it to come up on at least the other flat screen?  Thanks.

Official Employee

Re: New Channel Only Shows on One TV

It goes by the type of box /level of service. For example, if you have anything over Digital Starter and have a DTA, those channels over Digital Starter will not show on a DTA. Check your equipment types

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Thanks for the info, but not sure what it means.  We have X1 Starter Triple Play, Digital Preferred.  Each additional TV has a little black box attached.  Is that a DTA?

Official Employee

You’d have to tell me, most cables boxes are small and black. But if you’re getting a channel on one box but not on another that’s usually the reason. If that’s the case you would need to upgrade the box.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!