Community Forum

NO SOUND ON DISCOVERY CHANNEL

Regular Visitor

NO SOUND ON DISCOVERY CHANNEL

Several weeks ago I lost sound on THE DISCOVERY channel. I checked all the settings on my TV but nothing solves the problem so I CAN'T watch the DISCOVERY CHANNEL ANYMORE and this WAS my most watched channel !!

Silver Problem Solver

Re: NO SOUND ON DISCOVERY CHANNEL

Check the audio settings on your cable box. Make sure that the audio is set to 'Channel default'.

MENU/MENU/Setup/Audio Setup/Default Audio Track

Also verify Descriptive Video Service is set to OFF.

New Poster

I have went a month with no sound on discovery.. the only channel I watch!! So I have called customer service and they just reset the box by sending signal after signal... finally they offer to send someone over... I read this post and IT WORKED!!! I have sound!!!! THANK YOU!!! Now I can cancel the very so inconvenient tech coming tomorrow!
Frequent Visitor

I have the same problem.  

Official Employee

Hello kymers, have you tried using these steps to solve your issue?

andyross wrote: Check the audio settings on your cable box. Make sure that the audio is set to 'Channel default'.MENU/MENU/Setup/Audio Setup/Default Audio Track. Also verify Descriptive Video Service is set to OFF.

New Poster

I have did what u have posted in the forum and it works...it nyst doesnt last. It goes back to no sound in about 2-3 min...this is really getting old
New Poster

I solved mine by setting channel to English audio instead of default