Community Forum

NO Access to LIVE NFL non-local games

New Poster

NO Access to LIVE NFL non-local games

I have just spent the better part of my morning chatting online with two different Comcast Customer Service representatives.

With NFL Preseason in full swing and my hometown New Orleans Saints playing tomorrow (I live in the San Francisco Bay area now), I attempted to find the game to record on my DVR.  When I could not find the game, I contacted Comcast to determine if they offerred a package that included the ability to watch all NFL non-local market games live.  I was assured that I would have access if I purchased an additional Sports Entertainment package for $9.99 a month.  I was very specific about what I wanted (and thank goodness I saved a transcript of the chat).  Here is a copy of my exchange with the rep:

Joevin > No worries, Lori, I can add Sports Entertainment Package on your account.

Joevin > Shall we proceed in adding this channel?

Lori > only if it actually allows me to watch live non-local market NFL games

Joevin > Yes, that is correct, Lori. Not only that, you will be able to also see other sports channels such as NFL RedZone, CBS Sports

Network, Fox College Sports, Fox Soccer Channel, etc

Lori > Ok, then go ahead and add it. Will it be effective today?

Joevin > Perfect! Glad to hear it. And yes, this will be viewed within 30-45 minutes today,

I waited about an hour and then checked to see if I could find the game to record.  NOPE - the first time it shows up in my listings is at 10am on Saturday, although the game is being played at 5pm on Friday.  Not exactly LIVE.  This is the same access that I had before I purchased the additional pacage.  So I then opened a second chat with a different agent.  Here is a part of the transcript of that chat:

Lori > so what am I missing? Are there channels that I should have access to, or do you really not provide All NFL games Live?

Sheryl > My apologies if you were not informed regarding the live games being not available in your area. We have to consider that in

many markets Comcast has contracts with local teams to broadcast or not to not broadcast their games to subscribers in a certain area.

Lori > Was I not specific in my request? The representative should have told me that in fact I would not have access to all NFL games Live

- I specifically asked for this twice and he specifically told me that I would be able to access all NFL games LIVE.

Sheryl > I will process the removal of the SPorts package in the account. Also, the account will be fully noted on my end.

So there you have it - finally an honest customer service representative.  Comcast DOES NOT PROVIDE ACCESS TO ALL LIVE NFL GAMES, do not let them tell you otherwise.  Do not buy the sports package if you are looking for NFL total access - it does not exist on Comcast, but they will engage in deceptive sales practices to sell you an additional package.  Incredibly dishonest!

Regular Visitor

Re: NO Access to LIVE NFL non-local games

I know this doesn't help your situation but as far as I know Dish is the only provider that carries NFL Ticket. With the sports package all you get is the Redzone. NFL.com does offer streaming of live games, but its only for pre-season ($19.99) well worth it.. At least I can watch my Saints play KC tomorrow. WHO DAT! 

New Poster

Honda,

Thanks, I just found the NFL preseason live and also subscribed. For a onetime payment of $19.99 it's well worth it. Can't wait for tonight's game! WHO DAT!!!?
New Poster

oh that's just great ! I added that package yesterday to surprise my husband who is a greenbay fan and not all of his games are televised since we live in TN. I had 2 representavies tell me we would be able to get them all ! One via chat, and one via phone !

Thanks for the heads up ! I guess I'll be removing that service! Wish they had something like NFL sunday ticket !

NolaLori wrote:

I have just spent the better part of my morning chatting online with two different Comcast Customer Service representatives.

With NFL Preseason in full swing and my hometown New Orleans Saints playing tomorrow (I live in the San Francisco Bay area now), I attempted to find the game to record on my DVR.  When I could not find the game, I contacted Comcast to determine if they offerred a package that included the ability to watch all NFL non-local market games live.  I was assured that I would have access if I purchased an additional Sports Entertainment package for $9.99 a month.  I was very specific about what I wanted (and thank goodness I saved a transcript of the chat).  Here is a copy of my exchange with the rep:

Joevin > No worries, Lori, I can add Sports Entertainment Package on your account.

Joevin > Shall we proceed in adding this channel?

Lori > only if it actually allows me to watch live non-local market NFL games

Joevin > Yes, that is correct, Lori. Not only that, you will be able to also see other sports channels such as NFL RedZone, CBS Sports

Network, Fox College Sports, Fox Soccer Channel, etc

Lori > Ok, then go ahead and add it. Will it be effective today?

Joevin > Perfect! Glad to hear it. And yes, this will be viewed within 30-45 minutes today,

I waited about an hour and then checked to see if I could find the game to record.  NOPE - the first time it shows up in my listings is at 10am on Saturday, although the game is being played at 5pm on Friday.  Not exactly LIVE.  This is the same access that I had before I purchased the additional pacage.  So I then opened a second chat with a different agent.  Here is a part of the transcript of that chat:

Lori > so what am I missing? Are there channels that I should have access to, or do you really not provide All NFL games Live?

Sheryl > My apologies if you were not informed regarding the live games being not available in your area. We have to consider that in

many markets Comcast has contracts with local teams to broadcast or not to not broadcast their games to subscribers in a certain area.

Lori > Was I not specific in my request? The representative should have told me that in fact I would not have access to all NFL games Live

- I specifically asked for this twice and he specifically told me that I would be able to access all NFL games LIVE.

Sheryl > I will process the removal of the SPorts package in the account. Also, the account will be fully noted on my end.

So there you have it - finally an honest customer service representative.  Comcast DOES NOT PROVIDE ACCESS TO ALL LIVE NFL GAMES, do not let them tell you otherwise.  Do not buy the sports package if you are looking for NFL total access - it does not exist on Comcast, but they will engage in deceptive sales practices to sell you an additional package.  Incredibly dishonest!

New Poster

Yep! It sucks! I was told something similar by the rep I spoke with. I was told that NFL has a contract with Dish to show all live games with them and them exclusively. Now I was told that the decision to do so has hurt their pocket book and that the contract will be up at the end of this season. Next season they are anticipating that live games will be available on any network but that doesn't help this year! Smiley Sad I'm a disappointed customer. We wanted to watch our friend that just got placed on the Panther's from the Dolphins. He is a hometown friend of ours who was a star player for our home states college team. Won't see him this year and he is a starter! SUCKS!

New Poster

Alas I feel your pain. Just letting you know I had the SAME EXACT experience this past weekend. EXACTLY. I was blatantly lied to when asking specific questions about what my purchase would include. On top of that it took approximatley 1 addiitnoal hour and 3 representatives later to remove the service. No one care at Comcast. No one has any idea what is going on at Comcast (there is no "notes" system associated with your account). Comcast customer service is by far the worst I have dealt with in my entire life and this is not the first time.....patiently waiting for an alternative in my community.