Community Forum

NHL Blackout HD (only issues) Vegas Golden Knights (Utah)

Frequent Visitor

Re: NHL Blackout HD (only issues) Las Vegas Knights (Utah)

Thanks @ComcastTeds, but soon the broadcast and regional sports fees will increase (as usual) and we still won’t have any way to watch local sports programming on Xfinity as a result of the blackouts here.

Can you share any honest insight on the future of Vegas Golden Knights or Colorado Avalanche broadcasts for your Rocky Mountain customers? Any information you might have on these ATT Sportsnet and Altitude disputes will help us all when it comes time to renew our contracts. Directv has somehow made negotiations with these stations and are still charging less per channel.
Frequent Visitor

@ComcastTeds

I still haven’t received the regional sports fee credit. I assume this is the same for all Utah viewers. Pretty silly that we have to ask for a discount when our channels get removed.

I realize these forum posts are essentially a waste of time, but I can’t get through to a real customer service employee anyway.

I just want to watch some hockey. Is that really too much to ask?
Official Employee

@Moist wrote:
@ComcastTeds

I still haven’t received the regional sports fee credit. I assume this is the same for all Utah viewers. Pretty silly that we have to ask for a discount when our channels get removed.

I realize these forum posts are essentially a waste of time, but I can’t get through to a real customer service employee anyway.

I just want to watch some hockey. Is that really too much to ask?

Apologies, there was a credit placed on your account on November 4th.  You can see this credit on your next cable statement or log in to My Account to see it. Thanks for your patience. 

Unfortunately, I am not aware of any current plans to deliver the regional sports network feed to your area that contains the Las Vegas Knights games.

We are contractually obligated in this area to black out the Las Vegas Knights games on NHL Center Ice.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Meanwhile, weeks add up to months of subscribers in Salt Lake City being charged $8 a month for a regional sports fee that adds nothing, not a single channel of content for that charge.  So before you tell me I get ATT SportsNet RM for that, understand that channel is included in my $9.99 Sports and Entertainment package.  So all I get is the Utah Sports Overflow channel, hint in checking that channel over 20 times in the last two weeks you know what incredible regional sports action I have found on it?  none, just your logo playing with hold quality music.    

So I will ask a simple question again either deliver us the 2nd ATT SportsNet RM feed (the west one that includes the Golden Knights that you are blacked out on every other sources in Salt Lake) or issue complete refunds for all regional sports fees you have charged everyone for the last 2 years and stop charging the fee, because I expect a class action lawsuit is probably not something that Comcast wants to deal with.