Community Forum

NHL Blackout HD (only issues) Vegas Golden Knights (Utah)

Regular Visitor

NHL Blackout HD (only issues) Vegas Golden Knights (Utah)

Please fix! I live in Salt Lake City, and for the HD channels on Center Ice for the Vegas Golden Knights, it says: “This channel is required to be blacked out in your local market” and says it’s on a “local channel”, yet it works in SD in Center Ice. This makes zero sense. A) We aren’t in Vegas (or the state of Nevada. It’s not a local team and is not broadcasted on a local channel. C) Why on earth would it work ONLY in SD. Please have your responsible party over the NHL package fix this. Thanks

Official Employee

Re: NHL Blackout HD (only issues)

@dhatch4 wrote:
Please fix! I live in Salt Lake City, and for the HD channels on Center Ice for the Vegas Golden Knights, it says: “This channel is required to be blacked out in your local market” and says it’s on a “local channel”, yet it works in SD in Center Ice. This makes zero sense. A) We aren’t in Vegas (or the state of Nevada. It’s not a local team and is not broadcasted on a local channel. C) Why on earth would it work ONLY in SD. Please have your responsible party over the NHL package fix this. Thanks

Apologies for the issue and the experience that you described above.

I can confirm that  your area of Utah does fall within the Outer Market of the new Vegas Nights territory. Your area should have been blacked out for both the SD and HD channels on NHL Center Ice for all NHL games involving the Vegas Knights.

I do see that AT&T SportsNet Rocky Mountain (channel 52/1251) and Altitude (channel 61/1250) are both offered in your area. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I am in Utah and have AT&T SportsNet Rocky Mountain (channel 52/1251) and they don't show the Vegas Golden Knights. I tried to watch the other day and Xfinity was showing the Rich Eisen Show instead of the hockey game. Per the NHL schedule it should have been on the AT&T channel and it wasn't.
New Poster

That is a really frustrating answer......our version of AT&T sportsnet regional channel DOESN'T show the Vegas Knights games live or even replayed. In Utah we have ZERO ability to watch the Knights play even on nights when the Jazz are not playing they don't show the Vegas games. So either you need to offer an alternate feed of AT&T sportsnet Rocky Mountain that shows the games or he NHL needs to drop the Utah market from Vegas Knights so that we can watch them on the subscription service that we paid for (Center Ice). I can understand that we get the Colorado Avalanche games Blacked out.....they are AVAILABLE to watch on Altitude channel......see that's what it means to be available locally. Show me how to subscribe to the Vegas Knights games and I'll be happy .....right now it's impossible in Utah. There simply isn't a local feed. 

Regular Visitor

Center Ice Blackout PROBLEMS

I live in Salt Lake City and DO NOT have AT&T SportsNet for Las Vegas, yet I cannot watch ANY VEGAS Golden Knights games because @xfinity has incorrectly labeled them, local.
Regular Visitor

How can this get resolved? This isn’t fair, nor should this be blacked out! If it was local, add the channel for us to watch, if it’s not, add it back to the package. It’s 2017 and this is ridiculous! Now you have taken away the local feed. PLEASE! Even Directv in the area allows for the games to show.
Tags (1)
Official Employee

@dhatch4 wrote:
How can this get resolved? This isn’t fair, nor should this be blacked out! If it was local, add the channel for us to watch, if it’s not, add it back to the package. It’s 2017 and this is ridiculous! Now you have taken away the local feed. PLEASE! Even Directv in the area allows for the games to show.

All - apologies. I am checking into this again now with our Utah team. Thanks for your patience. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Thanks all again for your patience while I researched this issue a bit further. Apologies on the news below. 

Unfortunately, it's not a matter of "is the game available on a regional sports network in your area" it's a matter of "could you possibly get this game on a regional sports network in your area" which is a different question.

The NHL blackout rules are in place to protect the local TV rights holders - whether the game is actually available on TV in your area or not.

The blackout for the Las Vegas Knights games in this area remains intact on NHL Center Ice (correctly) as the local regional sports network has the rights to these games in your area. 

In this case, this is a distribution issue between the regional sports network (AT&T SportsNet Rocky Mountain) and Comcast. There are additional costs (rights fees) for Comcast to deliver the AT&T SportsNet Rocky Mountain feed that includes the Las Vegas Knights games in this area of Utah.       

Blackouts are not based on arena sell-outs.

Regular Visitor

Comcast- You must fix this issue. Even the NHL website shows we are NOT in a local broadcast market for Vegas GoldenKnights hockey. See email with link:

“Dear Doug,

Thank you for sending your email.

Questions regarding cable or network blackouts of National Hockey League games on broadcast television should be directed to your network or cable TV provider.

For information regarding NHL.TV blackouts, please visit our Blackout FAQ page at http://www.nhl.com/ice/ziplookup.htm”
4A434304-518B-4A77-A339-869252335A23.png
Official Employee

@dhatch4 wrote:
Comcast- You must fix this issue. Even the NHL website shows we are NOT in a local broadcast market for Vegas GoldenKnights hockey. See email with link:

“Dear Doug,

Thank you for sending your email.

Questions regarding cable or network blackouts of National Hockey League games on broadcast television should be directed to your network or cable TV provider.

For information regarding NHL.TV blackouts, please visit our Blackout FAQ page at http://www.nhl.com/ice/ziplookup.htm”

Unfortunately, it's not a matter of "is the game available on a regional sports network in your area" it's a matter of "could you possibly get this game on a regional sports network in your area" which is a different question.

The NHL blackout rules are in place to protect the local TV rights holders - whether the game is actually available on TV in your area or not.

The blackout for the Las Vegas Knights games in this area remains intact on NHL Center Ice (correctly) as the local regional sports network has the rights to these games in your area.

In this case, this is a distribution issue between the regional sports network (AT&T SportsNet Rocky Mountain) and Comcast. There are additional costs (rights fees) for Comcast to deliver the AT&T SportsNet Rocky Mountain feed that includes the Las Vegas Knights games in this area of Utah.

Blackouts are not based on arena sell-outs.

New Poster

I have been reading the posts n Questions on the Vegas Knights blackout in Utah and SLC market.
I know you can fix this. You failed and underestimated the support and interest the Vegas Knights Hockey.
Stop the stock answers.
When the Knights play in Montreal there is not a reason to blackout the game. Send me the feed from the local team.
My direct TV friends get the games and they don't have Center Ice like I do.
Just get a solution and fix it before I have to put a stupid plate on my roof.
Don't cut n paste a response from your screen.
If it's never going to happen then just say it. Be honest and open.
New Poster

This is lame. Paying for center ice and it gets blacked out. Can’t watch it anywhere. Just taking my money and not caring.
Official Employee

@Knights2017 wrote:
I have been reading the posts n Questions on the Vegas Knights blackout in Utah and SLC market.
I know you can fix this. You failed and underestimated the support and interest the Vegas Knights Hockey.
Stop the stock answers.
When the Knights play in Montreal there is not a reason to blackout the game. Send me the feed from the local team.
My direct TV friends get the games and they don't have Center Ice like I do.
Just get a solution and fix it before I have to put a stupid plate on my roof.
Don't cut n paste a response from your screen.
If it's never going to happen then just say it. Be honest and open.

Apologies, The answer I posted earlier is still quite accurate.

Unfortunately, I am not aware of any current plans to deliver the regional sports network feed to your area that contains the Las Vegas Knights games.

We are contractually obligated in this area to black out the Las Vegas Knights games on NHL Center Ice. 

New Poster

Re: NHL Blackout HD (only issues) Las Vegas Knights (Utah)

Makes Zero sense for LVGK games to be blacked out in SLC. Why is this? I have NHL center ice and I dont get it on any local channel, so why is NHL Center Ice blacked out. Im 6 hours drive away! Fix it!
Official Employee

@RicharsWrench wrote:
Makes Zero sense for LVGK games to be blacked out in SLC. Why is this? I have NHL center ice and I dont get it on any local channel, so why is NHL Center Ice blacked out. Im 6 hours drive away! Fix it!

Apologies.

In this case, this is a distribution issue between the regional sports network (AT&T SportsNet Rocky Mountain) and Comcast.

There are additional and considerable incremental costs (rights fees) for Comcast to deliver the AT&T SportsNet Rocky Mountain feed that includes the Las Vegas Knights NHL games in this area of Utah.

Comcast has chosen not to incur those additional and considerable incremental costs and pass them along to our customers. We certainly understand that some of our Utah customers are not happy with this decision.

Regular Visitor

I understand the local blackout rules for center ice having had dish for 14 years and Xfinity last 2. the current problem for last 7-8 days is channel 752 is constantly showing "Area blackout" message. Does not matter who is playing or even if there is a game on. There is never any game shown. I tried using chat again. Waste of 30 minutes as usual. Next day went to Xfinity store. Woman tried to explain center ice policy,  I reexplained the issue. She told me someone else had been in with same problem. She said we would be credited for the problem at some point.(  i laughed to myself)  Just checked and as i write this channel is still non working. There is no recourse as Xfinity makes it nearly impossible to reach any real support. I am hoping maybe, just maybe you can shed some light on this. You seem to be productive in these forums. Thanks ComcastTeds

Regular Visitor

Hello Comcast?!?!  Hello Xfinity?!?!?  Anyone out there?

Official Employee

wrote:

I understand the local blackout rules for center ice having had dish for 14 years and Xfinity last 2. the current problem for last 7-8 days is channel 752 is constantly showing "Area blackout" message. Does not matter who is playing or even if there is a game on. There is never any game shown. I tried using chat again. Waste of 30 minutes as usual. Next day went to Xfinity store. Woman tried to explain center ice policy,  I reexplained the issue. She told me someone else had been in with same problem. She said we would be credited for the problem at some point.(  i laughed to myself)  Just checked and as i write this channel is still non working. There is no recourse as Xfinity makes it nearly impossible to reach any real support. I am hoping maybe, just maybe you can shed some light on this. You seem to be productive in these forums. Thanks ComcastTeds

Apologies for the delay and apologies for the issue and the experience. Checking on this now. Thanks for your patience.  

Official Employee

wrote:

Apologies again. We were able to check with our team in Salt Lake City and confirmed that the GameHD2 channel 752 is now working.
Our satellite receiver was stuck on the blackout slate so the receiver was re-set. Please let me know if this is now working for you. 

I have also applied some credit on your account for this inconvenience. Thanks also for your patience. 

New Poster

I have also purchased NHL Center Ice, I live in Utah and cannot get Las Vegas Golden Knights games!  They are all blacked out.

It seems like this issue was resolved last season.  Can it be fixed again?

As stated in previous posts, we are not even in the same state and it makes no sense that these games are not part of my package!

Thanks

Problem Solver

Utah is in market for the Vegas Golden Knights.

Comcast has chosen to not add the special sub feed of AT&T SportsNet that shows the Golden Knights. While it is Rocky Mountain, you need Rocky Mountain West to see the Golden Knights.

So there is no legal way to see these games without switching to DirecTV or Dish.
Official Employee

@pbradleysphr wrote:

I have also purchased NHL Center Ice, I live in Utah and cannot get Las Vegas Golden Knights games!  They are all blacked out.

It seems like this issue was resolved last season.  Can it be fixed again?

As stated in previous posts, we are not even in the same state and it makes no sense that these games are not part of my package!

Thanks

To reiterate what drhull posted above: 

Apologies.

In this case, this is a distribution issue between the regional sports network (AT&T SportsNet Rocky Mountain) and Comcast.

There are additional and considerable incremental costs (rights fees) for Comcast to deliver the AT&T SportsNet Rocky Mountain feed that includes the Las Vegas Knights NHL games in this area of Utah.

Comcast has chosen not to incur those additional and considerable incremental costs and pass them along to our customers. We certainly understand that some of our Utah customers are not happy with this decision.

New Poster

I agree that it is "unfortunate".  It' seems as though Comcast doesn't want to pay the regional access fees yet they are comforable with me paying full price for the NHL package.

Very dissapointing...

Highlighted
Official Employee

@pbradleysphr wrote:

I agree that it is "unfortunate".  It' seems as though Comcast doesn't want to pay the regional access fees yet they are comforable with me paying full price for the NHL package.

Very dissapointing...

I certainly understand and appreciate your point of view.

To be clear, the Las Vegas Knights games are not included with the NHL Center Ice package in your area from any video provider. If you ordered the NHL Center Ice Package to view Las Vegas Knights games, that's not possible as the Knights are the in-market team.  Please let me know and I can cancel the NHL Center Ice package on your account and refund the package price in full.      

New Poster

What is Comcast doing to ensure that Utah customers will eventually be able to see Golden Knights games in future?

Is Comcast policy going to be "Eh, **** 'em, if they wanna see that they can switch to Dish" indefinitely re: Utah VGK fans or is there going to be any attempt at renegotiation? The only recourse as customers we have here are these forums, and the hope that you actually give two shakes about what we want.

It's nice that you understand we're not happy about the decision. It's easy to say that. Now fix it. I don't care if it takes 2 years or 5, get the Knights on TV in Utah or you're contributing to the broadcast pirating that's chewing away at the sport's profitability.

Regular Visitor

@ComcastTeds Why can't we see the Vegas Golden Knights games? 

Regular Visitor

So beyond my packages you charge me a regional sports fee every single month, you dropped Atltidue as a network, keep it dropped take whatever you paid them, toss in a portion of that extra 10 dollars you charge me for regional sports and get the second ATT Sportsnet feed that owns the rights to the Golden Knights games here in Salt Lake City.  See I think the real issue is that you don't want to give money to AT&T because they now own DirectTV, so if you give them a bit of change for the rights to the second feed to get programming that your customers want you will be helping DirectTV out.  What you don't get is that a lot of people, like me will be dropping your service completely when my contract is up, so I can add a provider who will actually deliver programming I want and via that regional sports  fee on top of my regular package that I pay an additional fee for the sports package on top of the "Extreme Premier Triple" package.

So telling me that having your top of the line package, then paying an additional sports package fee and an additional regional sports fee, isn't enough to get Rocky Mountain West feed of AT&T sportsnet, well you are telling me that you don't want to keep me as a customer.  So my contract runs out in two months, if the channel isn't there by then, I sure won't be your customer any longer. Figure it out.

Regular Visitor

The local rights are owned by AT&T Sportsnet, but they only broadcast on their RockyMountainWest feed, which Xfinity doesn't carry.  So because the local rights are owned and the network is available (Dish and DirectTV both have it), the NHL blackout rules are enforced.  So despite you paying a regional sports fee each month, they don't provide the regional sports feed, if you pay extra for the sports entertainment package, you don't get the channel either. There is no way with Xfinity to get the Golden Knight matches, because they are too cheap to pay for the feed. I expect since AT&T now owns DirectTV, that makes this decision much easier for them.  But they don't care about fans, it is why they let Bein go, it is why they let Atlitude go and replace them with nothing that anyone wants or cares about.   If you aren't under contract switch to a provider who can get you the Knights matches, I know when my contract is done that I will be switching.

Official Employee

Re: NHL Blackout HD (only issues) Vegas Golden Knights (Utah)

@dhatch4 wrote:

Apologies.

The blackout for the Vegas Golden Knights games in this area remains intact on NHL Center Ice (correctly) as the local regional sports network has the rights to these games in your area.

There are additional and considerable incremental costs (rights fees) for Comcast to deliver the AT&T SportsNet Rocky Mountain feed that includes the Vegas Golden Knights NHL games in this area of Utah.

Comcast has chosen not to incur those additional and considerable incremental costs and pass them along to our customers. We certainly understand that some of our Utah customers are not happy with this decision. Apologies again.

Valued Contributor

FYI: It's the Vegas Golden Knights, not the Las Vegas Knights.

@ComcastTeds wrote:

@dhatch4 wrote:

Apologies.

Comcast has chosen not to incur those additional and considerable incremental costs and pass them along to our customers. We certainly understand that some of our Utah customers are not happy with this decision. Apologies again.

New Poster

Comcast needs to update the NHL Center Ice Beta to a better initial platform when you enter the channel. Create something in which upon entering the channel it takes us fans to games that are currently playing not a full list of the teams.

Also, Comcast needs to provide the proper in network channel, in order for us here in Utah to watch the Vegas Golden Knights. I pay $230 a month for tv services and more importantly, pay for NHL Center Ice to be able to watch all the NHL games. If your “valued” customers are being denied the ability to view these games that we paid for, it is Comcast’s obligation to provide the proper channel to the customers affected by this.

Is my monthly payment for center Ice the same price as someone not in my area who is able to watch all these games?
Frequent Visitor

ComcastTeds: 

Please also issue me the same partial credit for the Center Ice channel 752 malfunction you admitted to below. I also live in Utah and experienced the same issue.

Also, you claimed that Altitude is available on channels 61/1250. Used to be, until Xfinity dropped it recently. 

Official Employee

@Isanyonethere wrote:

ComcastTeds: 

Please also issue me the same partial credit for the Center Ice channel 752 malfunction you admitted to below. I also live in Utah and experienced the same issue.

Also, you claimed that Altitude is available on channels 61/1250. Used to be, until Xfinity dropped it recently. 

Credit has been applied to your account. My earlier answer regarding Altitude was accurate at the time it was posted (last year).

Other video providers have also recently removed Altitude. Apologies that this has happened. 

Official Employee

@KnikArcher wrote:
Comcast needs to update the NHL Center Ice Beta to a better initial platform when you enter the channel. Create something in which upon entering the channel it takes us fans to games that are currently playing not a full list of the teams.

Also, Comcast needs to provide the proper in network channel, in order for us here in Utah to watch the Vegas Golden Knights. I pay $230 a month for tv services and more importantly, pay for NHL Center Ice to be able to watch all the NHL games. If your “valued” customers are being denied the ability to view these games that we paid for, it is Comcast’s obligation to provide the proper channel to the customers affected by this.

Is my monthly payment for center Ice the same price as someone not in my area who is able to watch all these games?

Apologies for the issue and the experience you described above. Credit has been applied to your account. Check your Private Messages for details. Thanks for your patience.   

Frequent Visitor

Thank you ComcastTeds. 

My apologies. I did not know the OP was a year old as the forum shows it was made by dhatch4 on October 16, 2019. At 10:59 AM.  

Regular Visitor

So I am still waiting to hear exactly what channels are part of the $9.99 Sports Entertainment Package and what I am getting for my Regional Sports Fee. See the scam of charging me $10 a month for Broadcast TV is bad enough but to charge me for a sports package and then charge me an additional fee each month for regional sports, but not providing me any regional sports (even less now without Altitude - FYI, we don't care if others stopped carrying it you are still charging us for it). So please answer the question, what do I get for the monthly Regional Sports Fee? 

Official Employee

@Isanyonethere wrote:

Thank you ComcastTeds. 

My apologies. I did not know the OP was a year old as the forum shows it was made by dhatch4 on October 16, 2019. At 10:59 AM.  

No worries, the first post in this thread is dated 10.17.2017 (not 2019).  

Official Employee

@f4denz wrote:

So I am still waiting to hear exactly what channels are part of the $9.99 Sports Entertainment Package and what I am getting for my Regional Sports Fee. See the scam of charging me $10 a month for Broadcast TV is bad enough but to charge me for a sports package and then charge me an additional fee each month for regional sports, but not providing me any regional sports (even less now without Altitude - FYI, we don't care if others stopped carrying it you are still charging us for it). So please answer the question, what do I get for the monthly Regional Sports Fee? 

The channels currently listed as available in the Sports Entertainment Package in your area are below.:

31CMTVPP (Country Music Television (Pacific)) 
37 PAC Pacc-12 Mountain) 
52ATTT (AT&TSportsNett RockyMTNN Inner Market)  
260 NFL (NFLRedZonee) 
261 NHL (NHL Network) 
266NBATVV (NBA TV)
269CBSSNN (CBS Sports Network) 
270 NFL (NFL NETWORK) 
279MLBNN MLBB Network) 
402 ESP ESPNEWSS) 
403 BIG (Big Ten Network)  
406OUTDD (Outdoor Channel) 
408 ESP (ESPN Goal Line and Bases Loaded) 
439NBATVV (NBA TV) D
501TCMM (Turner Classic Movies) 
675NFLHDD (NFL NetworkHDD) 
692MLBHDD MLBB NetworkHDD) D
693ATTT (AT&TSportsNett RockyMTNN Inner MarketHDD) 
694 NBA (NBA TV HDTV) 
698 NFL (NFLRedZoneeHDD) 
711 ESP ESPNEWSSHDD) 
729CMTT (Country Music TelevisionHDDPacifcc) 
733NHLHDD (NHL NetworkHDD)
734TCMHDD (Turner Classic MoviesHDD)  
753 CBS (CBS Sports NetworkHDD) 
754 BIG (Big TenHDD) 
756OUTHDD (Outdoor ChannelHDD) 
1210 ESP ESPNEWSSHDD)
1215NFLHDD (NFL NetworkHDD)
1216 NFL (NFLRedZoneeHDD) 
1217NHLHDD (NHL NetworkHDD) 
1218 NBA (NBA TV HDTV) 
1219MLBHDD MLBB NetworkHDD) 
1236OUTHDD (Outdoor ChannelHDD) 
1302 ESP (ESPN Goal Line and Bases Loaded) 
1303 CBS (CBS Sports NetworkHDD) 
1313 BIG (Big TenHDD)  
1330P122 Pacc-12 MountainHDD) 
1608CMTT (Country Music TelevisionHDDPacifcc)
1755TCMHDD (Turner Classic MoviesHDD)

In regards to the Regional Sports Fee, thel ink below has some information on the fees on your statement:

httpss:/wwwwxfinityy.com/support/articles/most-common-taxes-fees-surcharges-on-your-bill

Regional Sports Fee
The Regional Sports Fee is an itemized charge that you'll see on your bill. This charge is not a government-mandated fee and will increase from time to time. It's based on our costs of providing the regional sports networks that we carry on our cable systems in each area. These costs include the fees that regional sports networks charge us to carry them on our cable systems, which are among our largest increasing costs. The Regional Sports Fee is not included in our promotional pricing or pricing under your minimum-term agreement and can increase during your promotion or minimum-term. You'll receive advance notice before an increase takes effect.

Specific to Altitude, you can expect to see a reduction in the Regional Sports Fee based on this channel no longer being provided. More information on this is expected to be listed on an upcoming cable statement. There are other regional sports channels included as a part of this monthly fee ( including AT&TSportsNet Rocky Mountain on ch. 52 and 693 and Sports Overflow channels 6, 997/1127).    

Regular Visitor

Sweet, so some sports and Turner Movies and CMT, odd fit.  So what am I getting for my regional sports fee- $8.00 per month, if those channels cost me $9.99, I must get several other channels for the other $8.00 you charge me each month?  So what channels are included in that?

Official Employee

@f4denz wrote:

Sweet, so some sports and Turner Movies and CMT, odd fit.  So what am I getting for my regional sports fee- $8.00 per month, if those channels cost me $9.99, I must get several other channels for the other $8.00 you charge me each month?  So what channels are included in that?

There are both sports and entertainment channels in this package. 

In regards to the Regional Sports Fee, the link below has some information on the fees on your statement:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/most-common-taxes-fees-surcharges-on-your-bill

Regional Sports Fee
The Regional Sports Fee is an itemized charge that you'll see on your bill. This charge is not a government-mandated fee and will increase from time to time. It's based on our costs of providing the regional sports networks that we carry on our cable systems in each area. These costs include the fees that regional sports networks charge us to carry them on our cable systems, which are among our largest increasing costs. The Regional Sports Fee is not included in our promotional pricing or pricing under your minimum-term agreement and can increase during your promotion or minimum-term. You'll receive advance notice before an increase takes effect.

Specific to Altitude, you can expect to see a reduction in the Regional Sports Fee based on this channel no longer being provided. More information on this is expected to be listed on an upcoming cable statement. There are other regional sports channels included as a part of this monthly fee ( including AT&T SportsNet Rocky Mountain on ch. 52 and 693 and Sports Overflow channels 6, 997/1127).

Regular Visitor

So the same AT&T Sportsnet channels that I pay $9.99 a month for in my sports package, also cost me $8.00 a month in a made up fee? Along with a channel that nobody has ever heard of, but you can't afford the other AT&T Sportsnet channel for this region, in the additional $8.00 fee that you charge me for the other version of that channel, despite charging me for it in the $9.99 sports package that I pay for.

Don't get me wrong, I get you can't actually answer the question, because there is no excuse for that additional fee that is a pure BS charge given you provide mulitple channels for the $9.99 and one that nobody has ever heard of for the other $8.00 a month fee (one I can't opt out of). So if I cancel the sports package for $9.99 will I still get AT&T Sportsnet since it is part of the $8.00 a month regional fee?   How about you get your boss to let you be honest and confess that the AT&T Sportsnet feed that carries the Golden Knight matches would probably cost about $0.50 per month and you would rather keep that fee money than pay it to AT&T to access the channel.  I can handle honestly but I hate when you create fake fees and charge customers for something you can't even explain.

Frequent Visitor

When will the aforementioned regional sports fee reduction go into effect for all of us Rocky Mountain viewers?  @ComcastTeds 

Pulling AT&T Sportsnet (Golden Knights Coverage) and now Altitude from our programming is ridiculous.  Your customers are paying enough. 

Regular Visitor

Don't expect an actual answer, but they raised the regional sports fee from $6.50 last year to $8.00 this year because they can (hint this will be one of the reasons I cancel once my contract is done with them). They have added nothing and claim that the AT&T Sports Net Rocky Mountain channel is part of what is in the regional sports but they also list that as part of the $9.99 sports/enterainment package.  So they have not a single actual channel with regional sports content that they can point to for the $8.00 fee, it is their way of stealing from subscribers. If they could list anything that they are offering for the $8.00 they would, but they like saying that AT&T Sports Net Rocky Mountain West is too expensive to offer (notice they will not tell you what that amount is). Again, they lost me as a subscriber last year, I am just biding my time until the contract ends.

Official Employee

@Moist wrote:

When will the aforementioned regional sports fee reduction go into effect for all of us Rocky Mountain viewers?  @ComcastTeds 

Pulling AT&T Sportsnet (Golden Knights Coverage) and now Altitude from our programming is ridiculous.  Your customers are paying enough. 

Specific to Altitude, all of our customers in areas that prevously carried this channel can expect to see a reduction in the Regional Sports Fee based on this channel no longer being provided. More information on this is expected to be listed on an upcoming cable statement. There are other regional sports channels included as a part of this monthly fee. 

Frequent Visitor

Or you could keep the fee the same and actually broadcast some regional sports. 

I signed up for xfinity this year with the understanding that I'd be getting Colorado and Vegas games on Altitude and ATT SportsNet as listed on the programming lineup.  I have no interest in Basketball or Country Music.  As a hockey fan in Utah, Comcast is really disappointing and I won't be renewing my contract unless these blackouts are resolved. 

Regular Visitor

There are other regional sports included in that $8 a month fee, you stated " There are other regional sports channels included as a part of this monthly fee ( including AT&T SportsNet Rocky Mountain on ch. 52 and 693 and Sports Overflow channels 6, 997/1127)." but I already pay for AT&T SportsNet Rocky Mountain as part of my $9.99 sports/entertainment package.  So are you honestly trying to tell customers that Sports Overflow (which has no actual regional sports on it, or at least the 3 times in the last 24 hours I went to channel 997, and got nothing but a Comcast Network logo) is what you are charging customers $8 a month for?  But AT&T SportsNet Rocky Mountain West is too expensive? So what are you paying for Sports Overflow?  And how much does SportsNet Rocky Mountain West want to charge you?  How come other providers can afford SportsNet Rocky Mountain West in their regional sports packages?

Frequent Visitor

So, where is the refund? Your customers in Colorado have been credited $1.25 off their regional sports fee... @ComcastTeds

Regular Visitor

Even if they give us back $1.25 each month, that still leaves $6.75 for nothing. Actually nothing, their mysterious Sports Overflow that I have never seen a single program on.  whatever the mouthpieces of Comcast say this is a complete rip off, but only 2 months left in my contract and then I am done with them over BS like this.

Frequent Visitor

Hey now, that fee covers women’s college volleyball highlights and all the bass fishing you could ever want!

In all seriousness though, Directv has already reached an agreement with Altitude and doesn’t blackout Golden Knights games in Utah.

I won’t be sticking with Xfinity any longer than I have to. Meanwhile, I’d like to at least receive the same discount that our Rocky Mountain friends are getting over in Colorado.

https://www.denverpost.com/2019/11/01/colorado-attorney-general-investigation-directv-comcast-altitu...
Official Employee

@Moist wrote:
So, where is the refund? Your customers in Colorado have been credited $1.25 off their regional sports fee... @ComcastTeds

Apologies. I am looking into this. The amount of credit on the Regional Sports Fee may vary depending on the fee breakdown for each area.  In the meantime I have provided a manual credit on your account. Thanks for your patience.