Community Forum

NHK, KCRB, KPJK, 117 MHz intermittent upstream problems

Contributor

NHK, KCRB, KPJK, 117 MHz intermittent upstream problems

For the past few days a couple of the channels on 117 MHz are dropping out; NHK and KCRB.  e.g. channels 22, 201, and 817.  I get code 227 on my DTAs and my X1 box just says there is a video problem.  Interestingly, if I check these channels on the Xfinity Stream they are also not present there either.  Clearly there is an upstream issue!

Also, channel 717 (also on 117 MHz) with the recent switch to KPJK (formerly KCSM) has intermittently pixelation that seems to be like an encoding problem not a signal strength problem.  Some days it's been fine, then the next day it starts showing pixelation during fast scene changes and camera panning.

Please check these issues upstream.  Thanks!

Official Employee

Re: NHK, KCRB, KPJK, 117 MHz intermittent upstream problems

It’s not necessarily signal strength but you seem to have in home cable issues. Looking at your equipment, there’s a noise filter on your line placed there by the maintanance team. It means you have ingress/interference on the cable(s) in your house, the filter keeps that ingress from backfeeding to the outside plant. If you need assistance setting up a free tech visit to make necessary repairs.
Contributor

Re: NHK, KCRB, KPJK, 117 MHz intermittent upstream problems

Back in 2014 Comcast replace the cable from the outside box to my residence. Everything was fine for about 2 years then one day the network people put the filter on my line. At that time the cause me to lose all on demand so I called and had a technician come out the recommended I replace another coax run inside my house. Then they took the filter off and everything was okay for about a year. Then at some point the network people came out again and put the high pass filter on again. I called the tech support and eventually got in touch with a supervisor directly who agreed to send out a technician to check all the cables in my house at no charge. They did that and didn't find anything and took the filter off then a few weeks later the network people put the filter back on. I believe I went through this at least one or two more times. So in short it seems like the network people in the technicians can see different things and don't communicate with each other about what the problems are or they're not able to Define what the problems are. I pretty much gave up on this for the last six or nine months since the newer X1 boxes use a frequency above the filtered frequencies.

If you could get this resolved I would be very appreciative but but I'm not sure what the process is going to be because the two groups in your company seem to be completely separate.