Community Forum

NFL games

New Poster

NFL games

Who decides the TV schedule of the NFL broadcasts?  We always got two early and two late games and this Sunday only one is being offered for each time slot on the cable networks.  The other two are replaced with news talk shows and advertising.  What's up with that??

Expert

Re: NFL games

@wwincolordo wrote:

Who decides the TV schedule of the NFL broadcasts?  We always got two early and two late games and this Sunday only one is being offered for each time slot on the cable networks.  The other two are replaced with news talk shows and advertising.  What's up with that??

The NFL comes first, then your local network channel or local owned NFL team. Generally in my service area we only see one second game on CBS or Fox. NBC has the evening. If your team is playing at home and game is not sold out,  you might not get the game.

It seems sometimes that a local station does not want to spend the money to carry a game and substitutes something else. They are to blame in that case. Comcast is only the "messenger" in these cases and supplies the signal for what they are contractually allowed.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: NFL games

Thank you.  I appreciate the info.