Community Forum

NFL Network Removed from my Package

New Poster

NFL Network Removed from my Package

Three months ago I sat with a comcast salesman and told him I had been with Direct TV for 10 years and was happy with them.  I did need to upgrade my internet access so I listed some very important things to me if I was going to switch from Direct TV to Comcast.  #1 was that I paid no more than I was paying for Direct TV and that #2 - I had to be assured that I was able to access a group of channels that were important to me, especially the NFL Network.  The picture attached is the Channel line ups he used to get my cost equal to Direct TV and it includes the NFL Network.  So now, just three months later I cannot access the NFL Network.  I call and the smug lady tells me that it is no longer part of my package and I have to buy the Preferred package now to get it.  

Bad business folks.  

And frankly, their internet service (wireless access) is not what they said it would be either - unless you are sitting in the room with the modem.

Disgusted.Joke.JPG

IMG_1212.JPG
Valued Contributor

Re: NFL Network Removed from my Package

@Stamper80 wrote:

Three months ago I sat with a comcast salesman and told him I had been with Direct TV for 10 years and was happy with them.  I did need to upgrade my internet access so I listed some very important things to me if I was going to switch from Direct TV to Comcast.  #1 was that I paid no more than I was paying for Direct TV and that #2 - I had to be assured that I was able to access a group of channels that were important to me, especially the NFL Network.  The picture attached is the Channel line ups he used to get my cost equal to Direct TV and it includes the NFL Network.  So now, just three months later I cannot access the NFL Network.  I call and the smug lady tells me that it is no longer part of my package and I have to buy the Preferred package now to get it.  

Bad business folks.  

And frankly, their internet service (wireless access) is not what they said it would be either - unless you are sitting in the room with the modem.

Disgusted.Joke.JPG

Packages are changed often. I had CMT and now I don't. One reason I believe this done is because the network wants more money so they move the channel to a different programming tier.

Frequent Visitor

Re: NFL Network Removed from my Package

Same ole same old with Comcast. Remove and don't add. Or if something is added...... not of equal value. Can't wait for my contract to expire.