Community Forum

NFL DALLAS COWBOYS @ SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS THURSDAY, AUGUST 9TH @ 10:00 PM ET

Administrator

NFL DALLAS COWBOYS @ SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS THURSDAY, AUGUST 9TH @ 10:00 PM ET

NFL Network's 2018 live preseason schedule kicks off Thursday, August 9 with the Dallas Cowboys vs. the San Francisco 49's @ 10:00 PM ET.

While select preseason games might appear exclusively on the national networks (CBS, FOX, NBC and ESPN), most preseason games are televised live only on local broadcast stations or regional cable networks.

NFL Network (available in the Xfinity Digital Preferred and Sports Entertainment Packages) carries every pre-season game on either a live or delayed basis. On occasion, Xfinity may be required by the NFL or a local team to black out the NFL Network's feed or a pre-season game because a local broadcast station is airing the same game. In this case, you may just need to change the channel to find the game you're looking for.

From nfl.com: "This live game on NFL Network will be blacked out in the participating teams' over-the-air station markets. Re-airs of a non-sellout preseason game prior to the home team's local over-the-air station re-airing the game will be blacked out on NFL Network in the home team market."

For more details on NFL Network Preseason Game schedules, please visit: http://www.nfl.com/network/preseason

For more details about Xfinity Sports Blackout Information, see here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/sports-blackouts

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Valued Contributor

Re: NFL DALLAS COWBOYS @ SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS THURSDAY, AUGUST 9TH @ 10:00 PM ET

@ComcastJessie wrote:

NFL Network's 2018 live preseason schedule kicks off Thursday, August 9 with the Dallas Cowboys vs. the San Francisco 49's @ 10:00 PM ET.

I thought the Browns at Giants game is being televised first that evening (at 7:00 p.m. EDT) on NFL Network.

Regular Contributor

Does the Sports Entertainment Package come on Digital Preferred by default ?  Is it an add on? If it is an add on roughly how much more does it cost?

Contributor

I want to know too. Where is the Browns game? In the sports app, the Browns vs Giants game has the tv in the corner yet I’m watching the Jags vs Saints. Even the info for the NFLN shows the Browns - Giants should be on. What;s going on? The game is not on any other station according to the nfl supposed blackouts etc. I don’t live in Cleveland but I want to see the Browns.