Community Forum

NESN

New Poster

NESN

Hi,

I'm a new Comcast customer and I'm trying to find out if NESN is available in my basic cable package in Massachusetts.  Every time I try to change the channel 851 I get an error saying that the channel is not available.  I have spoken to customer service twice, they say I should have the channel.  I had a tech at the house yesterday, he says I am not paying for the channel and that's why I'm getting the error.  I also spoke to an Xfinity tech in the Carribean island of Jamaica and he said that the channels changed on 5/10/18 and he's not sure if I should have it or not.  No one can agree on whether it comes with the basic package.  If it isn't included, how can I upgrade my cable package to include it?  It's seems like a simple question, right?  Yet I can't get a straight answer.  Please help........my boyfriend wants to watch Red Sox games :-)  Thank you!

Tags (1)
New Poster

Re: NESN

For what it's worth, I have it now in what was described as an old package.  I just tried to rework my package to get my recently sky rocketed price down.  I was told NESN was no longer available....in any package.  What!?  I live in Boston.  

New Poster

Re: NESN

I signed up for new service today.   "Standard Triple Play" showed 125+ channels on web site, no NESN.

Then TV Only shows "Limited 10+"  Economy (100+)  "Starter 140+"  Preferred 220+ and Premier 260+

So I called and rep first said that Standard Triple Play had same stations as "Starter", but I pointed out that 125+ is not the same as 140+ and that detail on 125 did not show NESN but detail on Starter did.   So she told me that NESN "must not be available in your area".  When I asked to speak for supervisor, got sent to hold then call dumped.

Calling back I got someone who seemed to have more of a clue and who told me that NESN (Red Sox) and NBCSports (Celtics) was in the Standard Triple Play package.  Which of course is quoted at 79.99 but ends up being $123.00 due to box rental, cable modem rental, access fees and taxes in the usual bait-switch pricing model of Cable and FiOS.

We shall see if it really is included...    You don't see it if you explode the triple play tiers of channels, only in the "TV Only" detail.