Community Forum

NBA League Pass HD and NBA.com Access with Xfinity Subscription

New Poster

NBA League Pass HD and NBA.com Access with Xfinity Subscription

Hello,

I have seen this posted but there really hasn't been a definitive answer other than the chat I had with an online agent.

1. Is there going to be more than 1 HD channel for NBA league pass this year year round? The wording in a different locked post is confusing.

2. I was told that I would be able to connect my nba.com account with my xfinity purchase once the season started. Is this true? I have seen conflicting posts about it. (I also have the convo saved in case you want clarification).

Thanks!

New Poster

Re: NBA League Pass HD and NBA.com Access with Xfinity Subscription

I ordered league pass last week and today tried to connect it to my NBA.com account and was unable to.  I cancelled my subscription today.

Apparently Comcast is not participating in that it this year when last year they did and it worked fine.

The message is:

"This service is only available through participating TV Providers
If you do not see your TV provider listed, it is not currently participating in the program."

And the full list of participating Providers is:

• Blue Ridge Communications
  • Cox
  • DIRECTV
  • DIRECTV NOW
  • DISH
  • Frontier Communications
  • Hotwire Communications
  • Optimum
  • PlayStation Vue
  • RCN
  • Spectrum
  • Turner Employee/Guest
  • YouTube TV
New Poster

Just keep checking...DirecTv was just added a few days ago. I contacted NBA League Pass support initially when DirecTv wasn't showing. The support team told me they were still in the process of adding providers

New Poster

Thanks for posting that Dlbroo, I will continue to check.  Would anyone from Comcast know if this is the case and it is being worked on?  Because if not I will need to order my League Pass elsewhere (and soon!).

Highlighted
New Poster

I'm not sure if anyone from Comcast would know...You may want to try contacting the NBA League Pass support to see if they have any information...To contact the support team go to the NBA.com League Pass pass and select Help at the top of the screen. At the very bottom of the page, after selecting Help, there should be something saying "Contact US". You can send an email or open a chat with them

New Poster

For anyone reading this forum. Talk to league pass support on the site like was said. They will give you 30 days access and by that point they say xfinity will be an option to connect your accout.

New Poster

What about HD? Are all of the games available in HD this year?

New Poster

Thanks.  Hopefully someone from Comcast replies to this,.  I just signed up for this service & thus far I am very unhappy since:

1. Nothing appears to be in HD (prety archiac & I don't buy their bogus explanation)

2. I could not watch my teams game since it was also on NBA Channel (I don't subscribe to that & won't pay extra for it).

3. As you mention can't watch it online - hopefully that changes in a few weeks as you mention.

Comcast just appears to be way behind the times on this one & it is also infuriating that thier reps are clueless on all of this (in store, on phone & on chat).

Thanks for anyone's help on this one.

New Poster

Not being able to watch games on League Pass that are being shown on NBA TV isn't a Xfinity thing, it's an NBA thing. Same issues with all other providers - LP access does not show games on NBA TV unless they changed it this year.

The HD thing is a big deal, and something they need to fix. At least there's beta, and I haven't had any issues thus far. I'm hopeful Xfinity will be added to the digital subscription option soon.

New Poster

I switch over my service from Directv to Comcast this summer.  I had NBA League Pass on Directv for the pass 4yrs and it was broadcast in HD.  Now I had it with Comcast and I'm very disappointed I made the switch because it not broadcast in HD and it is very grainy on my 70in 4KHD.  I too will be looking into canceling my League Pass service and getting another provider.

New Poster

You need to find On Demand, Sports, NBA, NBA League Pass and then select the team currrntly playing to see it in HD on Xfinity Comcast.
New Poster

Looking to cancel my league pass too. Did you get a full refund or did they pro-rate you / charge you a month?
New Poster

Seriously really disappointed with the service, especially not being able to sign on to NBA.com. Thinking of canceling as well. 

New Poster

I've been waiting on this since day one...spoke with and NBA agent and said I needed proof of purchase for a temporary pass, since I called for League Pass installation I haven't gotten any proof and was waiting Comcast could resolve this issue with Nba to be put as an option under providers
New Poster

This league pass on xfinity is extremely frustrating between the standard definition games and not being able to link it on the NBA.com site. It's unlikely I will purchase this again next year.

New Poster

For HD go to the first league pass channel on the guide.   The scroll up 1 channel.  There should be a channel with does not have a number, that says NBA League Pass (Beta).  This is the HD for Comcast League Pass for each team.

New Poster

Nope. It is a joke you used to be able to, but they won't allow it this year. When I cancelled they are now trying to charge me a $150 one time fee for no reason. Do not purchase this throught comcast.

Problem Solver

I already got access with NBA.com. all I had to was a scan my BILL with proof of purchase.