Community Forum

My DVR just started shutting down at night after a Comcast update.

New Poster

My DVR just started shutting down at night after a Comcast update.

For years my DVR always had 60 minutes of program where I could FF or Rewind thru it.  Now, after a Comcast update, I turn on my TV in the morning and there is no 60 minute memory to watch.  What's going on here?  The same thing has been going on with my small slave DVR, and now to my $18 DVR.  I'm paying for 24 hour service, but now it is cut off when I'm not actually watching it and pushing buttons.  Comcast must have to pay for delivered MegaBytes, and they now save money with less MB's delivered.  Comcast wins, and I lose.  

If you guys want to do something worthwhile for us, take off that 5 second delay every time I press PLAY and have to watch that minute scanner at the bottom of the screen, and have to wait to get my full screen back.  At the very least, there should be an option for how long it stays on the screen. 

And ANOTHER thing:  Why isn't all programming 16X9?  Every time I change channel to the Western channel on Starz, for example, I have to change the Aspect Ratio on my TV so the picture isn't distorted.  We're not in the 50's anymore with 4X3 square picture tubes.  Everyone now has LCD widescreens.