Community Forum

Missing WTHR News Station on NBC in Lafayette, IN

New Poster

Missing WTHR News Station on NBC in Lafayette, IN

HERE WE GO AGAIN.  COMCAST IS FORCING US TO WATCH STAR CITY NEWS AGAIN.  I WANT THE INDIANAPOLIS WTHR NEWS STATION BACK ON MY TV LISTING!!!.

New Poster

Re: Missing WTHR News Station on NBC in Lafayette, IN

Same complaint I have.  I go to Indy frequently and watch their new on both the NBC and ABC stations.  I don't like Star City News. 

Silver Problem Solver

Broadcast stations have "Designated Market Areas" (DMA). If you are outside of a stations DMA, a competing station can force Comcast or other service to drop it. It looks like the Fox/NBC station for Lafayette is WPBI, so they have priority over an Indianapolis station.

New Poster

What happened to WTHR and COZI TV in Lafayette?  Are we forced to watch WPBI instead of WTHR?  And I don't see COZI anywhere anymore.  What's the deal?

New Poster

WTHR is on1192 and WRTV is on 1189 for now anyway.

New Poster

Thank you!  Found WTHR on 1192.  Cozi TV used to be 1194.  That channel is gone and I don't see COZI anywhere else.  ??

New Poster

I do to and its not only WTHR its channel 6 to and Me TV is Gone completely

New Poster

Niether 1192 or 1189 work . So much for Indy TV

New Poster

I live in West Lafayette and 1189 and 1192 don’t work. This happened a few months ago. If we don’t have access to Indy news, why would we want to keep Comcast? We pay over $240 for these “services” . Traveling to Indy is a large part of West Lafayette/ Lafayette Comcast subscribers daily/weekly/monthly lives. Please get this fixed!
New Poster

it maybe but it has local (Lafayette) news NOT Indianapolis.  Why should I have the same local news on 3 stations?

Frequent Visitor

Channels show up but are not in HD. You have to turn off hd preference in settings to be able to watch. Not good....