Community Forum

Missing Channels

Highlighted
New Poster

Missing Channels

I have the Preferred package which includes WE and ID channels. Where did they go? Requires subscription?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Missing Channels

I have the same issue after switching packages (I was out of contract at this point).  After a horrible experience on the phone with one of their customer service agents, I decided to switch packages myself online... making sure NOT to get into a contract again as I'm not sure I will remain with them after I was berated by one of their CS agents over the phone.  I used their lineup on their website to determine my new package.  Note:  THE XFINITY WEBSITE STATES THAT THE ID CHANNEL IS INCLUDED IN THE DIGITAL PREFERRED PACKAGE.  As I found out after switching, this is FALSE ADVERTISING.  It, along with many other channels, are no longer available.  I contacted customer service and was told that it is now only availabe to grandfathered plans.  NO WHERE ON THEIR WEBSITE DOES IT STATE THIS.  And at no time did the extremely rude customer service agent tell me this when trying to get me to switch to a new plan.  I don't understand why a company would allow their customers to be treated this way.  

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Missing Channels

This is another example of Comcast acting as a deceitful and unethical corporation.

I just checked Comcast offers for new residential customers and listed is the exact plan that I am locked into my contract (Blast interent, Preferred TV, and Xfinity voice) now at $120.00/month with NO term agreements.  Checking the Preferred TV full list of channels of this offer it clearly shows ID and WE channels marked indicating to any reasonable person that these channels are included AT NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE in the package, kind of deceitful advertising.

Of course Comcast has pricing and other info page.

Restrictions apply. Not available in all areas. I wonder if there is any area that would have Preferred TV with ID and WE included at no additional charge, and if so WHY?

Also the ever popular: Pricing subject to change.

Pricing & Other Info

Restrictions apply. Not available in all areas. New residential customers only. Limited to Preferred TV, Blast! Internet, and Xfinity Voice service. Paperless Billing and Automatic Payments required, otherwise monthly service charge automatically increases by $10. Discount will appear on statement within 45 days of enrollment. Kit offer for kit serviceable locations only. Limit one kit per customer. Equipment, installation, taxes and fees, including regulatory recovery fees, Broadcast TV Fee (up to $14.95/mo.), Regional Sports Fee (up to $8.75/mo.) and other applicable charges extra. Pricing subject to change. Service limited to a single outlet. May not be combined with other offers. TV: Limited Basic service subscription required to receive other levels of service. On Demand selections subject to charge indicated at time of purchase. Not all programming available in all areas. Internet: Actual speeds vary and are not guaranteed. For factors affecting speed visit www.xfinity.com/networkmanagement. Xfinity hotspots included with Xfinity Internet Performance (and above). Limited hotspot access included for Performance Starter and below. Available in select areas. Voice: If there is a power outage or network issue, calling, including calls to 911, may be unavailable. 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee applies to one month’s recurring service and standard installation charges up to $500. ©2020 Comcast. All rights reserved.