Community Forum

MeTVFM Chicago (Channel 877)

New Poster

MeTVFM Chicago (Channel 877)

Could someone please explain to me WHY you dropped MeTVFM Radio from my channel list? There are a lot of people in this area (Chicago, Northwest Indiana) who are upset with this move if you check the station's Facebook, and people are now starting to comment on your Facebook page upset with the disappearance of this channel. Your Music Choice channels are junk, so... what? You're going to eliminate the station people like to force us to listen to your junk? 

Bring back MeTVFM Chicago channel 877! 

New Poster

Re: MeTVFM Chicago (Channel 877)

To use an old TV phrase = I WANT MY MeTV-FM!!!   Why did you take this off the channel listing?

It's ONLY the hottest channel in CHicagoland radio, if you look at the ratings over the last year.

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE having it on my TV.  It's the best channel in Chicago!  I'll be happy to 

change my cable provider to get this back,  Please reconsider this deletion and return METV-FM

to 877!!!

New Poster

Currently talking to Comcast about this issue. They keep insisting the channel's still there. They keep giving me the channels for the TV stations even though I *keep* explaining* that* it* is* the* radio*  station* that* is* gone. >.< Running in circles!

Contributor

BbangChan,

Dealing with Comcast reminds me of Billy Preston’s ‘Will It Go Round In Circles’ from his 1972 album Music is My Life. The key word and chorus being ‘go round in circles’ - i.e. the Comcast Merry-Go-Round 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yGQZXA54gjU

Hope you get that station back. 

Silver Problem Solver

Technically, MeTVFM is actually a TV station!! It broadcasts an analog signal on channel 6 (for a TV with an antenna.) Channel 6's audio signal (87.7MHz) is technically just below the FM radio band (88.1MHz to 107.9MHz) , but most FM tuners will go that low.

Now, you also know why it was channel 877!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WRME-LP

Silver Problem Solver

Story in a local paper:

https://e-edition.dailyherald.com/html5/reader/production/default.aspx?pnum=10&edid=870b446a-7374-4b...

Any hope Me-TV FM will return to Comcast?
Fans are up in arms about the sudden disappearance of Me-TV FM — Weigel Broadcasting’s soft-rock oldies and classic hits WRME 87.7-FM — from Chicago’s Comcast/Xfinity Channel 877.
But there might be hope: “We’re always evaluating the content and channels we offer customers, so (Me-TV FM) may be available in the future,” Xfinity posted in a response to complaints Monday.
Neal Sabin, vice chairman of Weigel Broadcasting, said he was sorry Comcast elected to remove the station in a channel realignment Dec. 1.
“We have a very good relationship with Comcast, and while disappointed, we respect their right to carry programming they feel their audience desires,” Sabin said.
“We have received well over 100 calls and emails about the loss of the TV carriage, which included weather radar and forecasts along with our music and song information. We are thankful for our loyal audience reaching out to us.”
Stayed tuned.