Community Forum

MSNBC and CNN pixillated/breaking up/freezing for MONTHS now, all other channels fine.

Contributor

MSNBC and CNN pixillated/breaking up/freezing for MONTHS now, all other channels fine.

What the heck is this? On my smaller set top box on my second TV (the PACEDTA unit) every single channel is fine except MSNBC and CNN. I've restarted then box with the Comcast app and unplugged and plugged in again and NOTHING fixes it. WHAT IS HAPPENING? Every other channel is clear and free of issues., even the weather channel, one station over. 

Official Employee

Re: MSNBC and CNN pixillated/breaking up/freezing for MONTHS now, all other channels fine.

The DTA needs a less cleaner signal to work properly, your other box needs a clean signal to to not have channel issues. Check your connections, it’s possible there’s something in house that’s causing impairment to the frequencies of those channels. The frequencies to channels aren’t in any order (why the weather channel is fine). If nothing changes have a tech out.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

Re: MSNBC and CNN pixillated/breaking up/freezing for MONTHS now, all other channels fine.

I mentioned it to a technician here months ago. He changed out a cable and it did nothing.