Community Forum

MLB.tv with Extra Innings Package

Official Employee

Re: MLB Extra Innings 2019 price?

The information listed about the MLB Extra Innings not including a subscription to MLB.TV or the MLBTV app is from information that had been released for customers living in our Central Division. Pricing and availability can depend on the market that you're in. You're welcome to see this link: https://www.xfinity.com/learn/digital-cable-tv/sports/mlb/extra-innings for futher information more specific to your area and account.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I signed up for MLB extra innings over a day ago and have yet to see any information on the Guide of how to view. "Welcome" message states it will be available within 2 hours. Obviously that is not true. Hours on the phone with xfinity tech support was a big waste of time.  How does this get corrected?

Contributor

What are you trying to view? The real season (forget the Mariners/ A's farce) hasn't started yet.
Official Employee

Hi, Ldst. Do you have our X1 service with our voice remote? If so, you can say "MLB Extra Innings" into the remote for it to tune you to a section that contains content included within this subscription. The "C" button on the remote can also be used throughout the season to check upcoming games and see scores.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

How do you authenticate MLB.tv with the Extra innings package purchased through comcast.   Currently I go to MLB.tv, click autheticate, it prompts me to choose my cable provider.

When I choose xfinity, it routes me to a the screen to purchase extra innings.  I have already purchased the package, so I am not sure where to go from there.

Official Employee

Greetings. What I have listed below should help you out. Keep in mind that the How to Watch on MLB.TV:

If you purchased an MLB EXTRA INNINGS package, you can access MLB.TV online at MLB.TV or on your mobile or connected TV device using the MLB At Bat Premium app. Simply follow the steps below to active your MLB.TV Premium account and start watching:

1. Go to https://secure.mlb.com/tv/activate/.
  2. Select Xfinity as your provider.
  3. Sign in using your Xfinity username and password.
  4. Create a new MLB.com account or sign in with your existing account to link your Xfinity username and password with MLB.TV.

What are the system, operating and device requirements for MLB.TV?
We recommend visiting MLB.TV’s help center for the most up-to-date information on system, operating and device requirements.

You only need to activate your subscription once during the season. However, you may need to sign in with your MLB.TV account on each new device.

Frequent Visitor

This might be an it varies by region thing, but that is not what it says on the Xfinity website which is:

Your destination for even more baseball

Catch all the baseball action this season with MLB Extra Innings on Xfinity. Get up to 90 out-of-market games each week. And now for the first time, MLB.TV is included with the MLB Extra Innings subscription. Sign up for the Early Bird package now for $42.50 more per month for four months from March 18 - March 27.

from the website
Regular Visitor

This is not working. It just routes you back to the page with the info about the mlb extra innings package.
Official Employee

Right, these steps are not going to be the same for everyone across all markets. You're welcome to send me a private message with your name, mpm5054 and I will be happy to assist you with this further from there. 

Regular Visitor

@mpm5054 wrote:

How do you authenticate MLB.tv with the Extra innings package purchased through comcast.   Currently I go to MLB.tv, click autheticate, it prompts me to choose my cable provider.

When I choose xfinity, it routes me to a the screen to purchase extra innings.  I have already purchased the package, so I am not sure where to go from there.

Maybe we have to wait for a start of the regular season. The page that we are routed to shall be modified on March 28, when MLB Extra Innings will be offered as free previews for one week on Xfinity.

Contributor

Morgan will the free preview have the team specific beta channels or just the standard mostly HD channels?
New Poster

My main complaint is that unlike direct tv we don't get both home and away broadcasts...

New Poster

Any word on single team package for mlb xtra innings
Frequent Visitor

Re: MLB.tv with Extra Innings Package

Is anyone's working today? I really don't want to have to wait until first pitch to activate my account

Regular Visitor

Nope- still not working.  Once you select Xfinity as cable provider it still sends you to the Xfinity Extra Innings advertisement page that says MLB.TV is included.

New Poster

Same issue here... on the phone with CS, they have no idea...

New Poster

@ComcastKenF can you please escalate to the technical team? There is something broken in the authorization flow between MLB.TV and the Xfinity identity provider endpoint.

Regular Visitor

Yes.  PLEASE ESCALATE.  Sure doesn’t seem to be any trouble in advertising the service 

7D69AB8C-0829-405D-AA80-17339AAD2DF7.jpeg

New Poster

Still can’t login to mlb tv when I select my provider it takes me to buy mlb xtra innings package I already bought it like the first day xfinity offered it and even called customer support to verify it was in my plan wth xfinity
Frequent Visitor

Yes, and please see if someone can post instructions once this is resolved since so many people are posting the exact same issue
Frequent Visitor

This doesn’t work and is the issue everyone is reporting. Following those instructions ends up at the same advertisement/ announcement screen that says add to cart to purchase the package that I and all the other posters complaining about this have reported. In another post someone said a tech sent to their home to try and resolve this was told it would be fixed on opening day, but that is today and the issue is still the same.

New Poster

This is a joke. I couldn't take it (and the lousy customer service), so I just canceled the Extra Innings package, signed up directly with MLB.TV. Good luck y'all!

Regular Visitor

Have the exact same thoughts

Frequent Visitor

MLB.tv subscription

Since older posts seem to be being ignored regarding this issue, will some one with Xfinity tell me why the MLB.tv subscription is not working?

It was supposed to be active today, and guess what...it isn't.

Let us know what is going on.

**EDIT**: Finally active. 

Frequent Visitor

IT IS FINALLY ACTIVE.

Only took until halfway through opening day

New Poster

MLB Extra Innings/MLB.tv

We have subscribed to Extra Innings.  How do we access MLB.tv away from home?  Online?  Mobile App?

Thank you!

Frequent Visitor

I am still having the same problem so not sure how you got lucky but good for you at least 

New Poster

dealing with the same issue. customer service said it was MLB.TV's issue....

Regular Visitor

I signed up for Extra Innings this past Sunday - today, 3:00ish CDT I was able to activate my account to MLB.TV - but when I click the "click here to watch live tv" button - it sends me back to the log in to active your account page.

There is a message - for me to call customer service -  This account is already linked. Please call customer service with the following number: PtUzdanwac

OK.  But - whats the number to call customer service!!!???

Regular Visitor

My Xfinity sign-in has been successfully authenticated following my purchase of MLB Extra Innings via Xfinity, and once it has been linked with MLB.TV, I then logged in  with my credentials to finally activate my MLB.TV subscription. It is working now.

Regular Visitor

Thanks, @kpo117 . I have done the same. Smiley Happy

Frequent Visitor

Mine finally started working too. Thanks to everyone that posted
New Poster

MLB Extra Innings HD

How can I access the HD MLB channels? I purchased the extra innings package but only get the games in SD.

I’ve seen someone say that the HD Beta option is the channel just before the other extra innings channels, but I don’t see it.
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

@Sjm3 wrote:
Mine finally started working too. Thanks to everyone that posted

Do you really have to call customer service with the code?

Frequent Visitor

I did not have to call anyone, starting later in the afternoon yesterday the link to xfinity from “I purchased mlb.tv from my tv provider” started working.

New Poster

This process of authentication doesn’t work for me. After entering xfinity as my provider, I’m transferred back to the CART screen for extra innings. I have validated with xfinity that I have the extra innings package. There has got to be a better process that xfinity can provide. I’m traveling with no access to Mlb.

New Poster

MLB Extra Innings HD Beta is a definite step up from the SD offerings, with the exception that the HD Beta games cannot be recorded.

The SD offerings, when displayed on an HD TV (somebody out there still has an SD TV?), are essentially unwatchable. The video quality, unless viewed from an adjacent room, is horrible. And the SD broadcasts use a 'letter box like' format that annoyingly stretches the display.

Given that MLB Extra Innings is a premium, extra cost package, how can Comcast justify presenting the package with a recording feature that's available for only those games broadcast mostly in SD? When will Comcast address this issue,  either by broadcasting all games in HD or by dropping the 'no recording' limitation for games streamed via HD Beta?

Official Employee

The free preview also includes MLB EXTRA INNINGS Out of Market HD Beta games for Xfinity X1 customers. You can also watch MLB EXTRA INNINGS on your TV on the below channels. HD channels may not be available in all areas. There won't be any team speicifc channels. 

Note: The easiest way to access the games in HD is to say “MLB Extra Innings HD Beta” into your X1 Voice Remote.

• Standard Definition: GAME1 through GAME14
  • High Definition: GAMEHD (GAMED) and GAMEHD2 (GAME2)
Access MLB Extras on the Sports App on X1
  1. Open the Sports app on X1 by doing one of the following:
    • Press the C button on the remote control.
    • Say 'Sports App' into your X1 Voice Remote.
    • Press the xfinity button on your remote control. Using the right arrow button, scroll to highlight Apps, and press OK. Then, scroll to highlight Sports, and press OK.
  2. The app will launch on the right-hand side of the screen.
  3. Once the app is open, select the MLB tab at the top. You'll still be able to watch live TV on the left-hand side of the screen while viewing the score of all games previously played that day and games that are ongoing. Use the up and down arrow buttons to highlight the MLB game you would like to explore, and press the OK button to select it.
  4. Use the right and left arrow buttons to cycle through Extras to view game previews, live coverage, statistics, postgame recaps and more.

For those of you that have purchased the service and are having trouble authenticating the service, please feel free to send me a PM with your name so I can take a look on this end. 

Regular Visitor

We have subscribed to MLB Extra Innings and cannot access it on X1. When we go to the Sports App it keeps telling us to subscribe. We have called customer service and they've reset our box, etc., to no avail, but they have confirmed our subscription is active. We can log on to MLB.tv with our Xfinity credentials, but we can't watch it on X1. Can you please help?

New Poster

It says right on the ad on the site that it includes mlb.tv!
New Poster

This is a very frustrating procedure as no one at Xfinity knows what the heck to do....trying to connect your Extra Innings purchased from Xfinity to your MLB.tv / MLB at Bat app on your device(s).  I had to call MLB at Bat customer support (1-866-800-1275) to get my xfinity subscription to work on my device and get it to "talk' to the MLB at Bat app.  Hopefully, you will not have to do this but rather follow the instructions below.

Yes, it can be done and I am watching MLB games on my TV (typically in the channel 773-channel 783 range) AND I can also watch MLB games via the MLB at Bat app on a device such as an iphone, ipad or using a desktop/laptop/pc etc

1 -  you must already have a MLB username and password, this is free and anyone can have one.  This is a unique login to MLB.com and has nothing to do with your username/password from xfinity.

2 - Second, you must purchase an Extra Innings Package from Xfinity. You may have to wait a period of time, hours, a day etc for your subscription to be recognized my the mlb.tv app.

3 -Third, go to mlb.com, hover your mouse over mlb.tv ( at the top of the web page), click on MLB.tv with Extra Innings

4- follow the instructions, it will ask for your mlb username and password (step 1) or your xfinity login (I can't remember at this point which one it asks for but have both logins ready) This gets your mlb.tv / mlb at bat app to recognize/verify your extra innings subscription

5- go watch some baseball!!

Why can't these instructions be emailed to the subscriber?? I spent 2 days talking with many "customer service reps" and I use the word "service" very loosly, absolutely horrible customer service.  I was left to figure it out for my self as no one at Xfinity had a clue.  Like I said, I had to call MLB customer support so they could tell me what my cable provider should have done.

Also, it's the year 2019.  Why can't we get these games in HD??  Seriously, why can't we get these games in HD? I feel like I'm watch a game like it's 1999 or something.

The only way to see them in HD is to use the MLB.tv/MLB at Bat app/amazon fire stick / Apple TV /Roku, etc. and stream them.  Just absolutely horrible in today's world.

I hope this email helps someone else and saves them the frustration I experienced trying to get everything to work.

Tiger's are on.  Gotta go!

New Poster

I tried all this but it keeps telling me my account is already linked and to call customer service with a code. Same problem as last year - mlb.com didn't know what to do and Comcast said it was mlb.com's problem. Last year I ended up canceling my xfinity EI package and just signed up with At Bat directly. The problem with that, however, was that the quality was not as good.

Why in the H*LL is this so d*mn complicated? Myself and others in this thread are fairly tech savvy and it's frustrating us. I can't imagine being tech un-savvy and trying to set this up. 

@ComcastKenF you have been helpful elsewhere, do you have any ideas as to why it won't just work if the accounts are already linked?

New Poster

I ended up using a different browser, then created a new Xfinity user, then a new MLB account and went through the activation process and it worked. This was stupid it took all that to get it to work, but the Xfinity rep I spoke with on the phone had no idea what to do. Their solution was to use the Stream app which is ridiculous since it will only work on your in-home network. 

Since this is the 3rd year in a row that I have had to go through this I am writing down what I did so I don't forget next season. The obvious solution would be for Xfinity and MLB to get it together and address this since so many people seem to be having this issue.

Most Valued Poster

Yay ! All MLB Extra Innings gamea now in HD ! (beta)

Finally
DCFF238C-0C68-4E58-856D-3F892FC1F253.png
Official Employee

Hello all. We can understand your frustration caused by the difficulty of either activating your existing account/subscription or initiating it for the first time. We provide support of adding the service itself and making sure it's coming through properly on your TV. For the online content, support would go through the MLB.TV Help Center or their support line.

If you purchased an MLB EXTRA INNINGS package, you can access MLB.TV online at MLB.TV or on your mobile or connected TV device using the MLB At Bat app.

If you have an MLB EXTRA INNINGS subscription, follow these steps to activate your MLB.TV account:

1. Go to https://secure.mlb.com/tv/activate/.
  2. Select Xfinity as your provider.
  3. Sign in using your Xfinity username and password.
  4. Create a new MLB.com account or sign in with your existing account to link your Xfinity username and password with MLB.TV.

Start enjoying MLB EXTRA INNINGS and MLB.TV!

You only need to activate your subscription once during the season. However, you may need to sign in with your MLB.com account on each new device.

Once you have completed steps #1-3, you will be presented with an option to either sign in with an existing MLB.com account or create an MLB.com account. If you run into technical issues beyond the initial subscription for the service, please go here: https://www.mlb.com/live-stream-games/help-center/ in order to obtain further support. Since MLB owns the content, they also support their app and service that supplies it. Let us know what other specific questions you have. Most of them would need to go through MLB.TV support though.