Community Forum

MLB Extra Innings

New Poster

MLB Extra Innings

Does anyone know if you subcribe to the MLB Extra Innings package that you would be able to watch every baseball game for your specific team barring any blackouts? I was a DirecTV subscriber and was able to watch every game for the season including preseason and need to know if Comcast MLB package is the same or differs than DirecTV before purchasing it.

Thank you.

New Poster

Re: MLB Extra Innings

***Validated Best Answer as of 03/2019***

Yes, and for the 2019 season you will get a MLB.TV subscription with your MLB Extra Innings package with Xfinity. 

New Poster

Thank you. I will try it out then.

New Poster

When we had Direct TV we were given the option as to which team we could listen to ie. Mariners VS Red Sox.  We could either listen to Mariners broadcast or Red Sox.  With Xfinity we only get the home team.  Very disappointing.  I want to listen to our favorite team broadcast.

New Poster

Ok, so I purchased the MLB HD Extra Innings package and sorry to say it is not like Directv's programming. Although, you get to watch your baseball team games all will be the home team's announcers. Directv gives you the choice of either teams.

The other issue is that most away games are not in HD and I am still waiting to see when my team plays at home if it will be shown in HD as I had paid for the HD. Directv gives you HD in all of their games both away and home.

The Comcast price spendy but is a bit less than Directv current rate but you pay for what you get.

Finally, in the future I would hope that Comcast be a bit more clearer about these listed issues upfront because I would not had purchased it if I had known no HD for the away games and no choice for announcers.

New Poster

Thank you I found out the hard way.