Community Forum

MLB Extra Innings Free Preview March 28-April 4, 2019

Regular Contributor

MLB Extra Innings Free Preview March 28-April 4, 2019

Can we expect it this week like previous years it was offered.?

Also is it going to be 1 or 2 HD games at a time?

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Comcast are you having Free MLB extra inning week

Yes March 28-April 4, 2019

New Poster

What channel is the bay area Giants channel? Bought some sports package that I was told was for my Kru and Kipe fix but can not find it? Wish I had stayed with DirecTV.

Regular Contributor

@nativsocalif wrote:

What channel is the bay area Giants channel? Bought some sports package that I was told was for my Kru and Kipe fix but can not find it? Wish I had stayed with DirecTV.

If it's not on channel 720 in HD, then you might not get it.

Where do you live? Do you get any of the "regional" sports networks (not conference-based, like Big Ten or SEC; I am talking about things like NBC Sports Bay Area (which is what you want) or Fox Sports West.

I have the Sports & Entertainment Package, but the only regional sports channels that I get are my local ones. That's just about the only thing I miss about AT&T U-Verse (and, presumably, DirecTV as well); they included all of the RSNs, albeit without the baseball / basketball / hockey games.

New Poster

Re: MLB Extra Innings Free Preview March 28-April 4, 2019

Is it safe to assume you can take advantage of this preview ONLINE streaming via Xfinity.com? I pulled up the online guide but the Extra Inning channels do not come up under the 'Free To Me' filter...
Administrator

All,

Thank you for posting your questions about MLB Extra Innings here in the Xfinity Forum. We will offer MLB Extra Innings as a free preview to customers across all Xfinity On Demand platforms (where available) during the following dates:

Regular Season Free Preview:
March 28, 2019 – April 4, 2019

This means only MLB Extra Innings OnDemand content will be available during this free preview. 

If you would like help following your favorite team, simply use your X1 voice remote or click the C Button on your Xfinity Remote. 

Examples of voice commands for MLB include (but are not limited to):

• MLB Hit Leaders: View hit leaders and other real time stats throughout the league.
  • Yankees vs. Red Sox: Team vs. team comparisons will show users how teams match up against each other and where they rank in the league.
  • San Francisco Giants or Buster Posey: See how select teams or players stack up against the competition.
  • How did the Phillies do last night?: View a team's previous game statistics.
  • Mets Standings: See how select teams stack up against the rest of the league or their biggest competitors.

To view additional details on MLB Extra Innings HD Beta, see here: https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/TV/ANSWERED-What-is-the-Xfinity-MLB-Extra-Innings-HD-Beta/ta-p/2940280

If you are looking for assistance with finding a specific channel you can view your television package details here: https://www.xfinity.com/manage-my-account

To view the channels included with your television package see here: https://www.xfinity.com/learn/channel-lineup

Please let us know if you need anything else. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Why can’t I access the free preview? Do I need to do anything?

Frequent Visitor

I too am not not able to access the free preview. If the idea is is to sell us on a subscription, not being able to see the preview doesn't really help to do that.
New Poster

Just spent 30 minutes on the phone with support. They reset my cable box and still could not get the preview. Oh well, I guess i’ll sign up for MLB.TV

Official Employee

Hello, all. 

Can you please describe what issues you're running into when you attempt to watch the free preview? I'd be happy to assist. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

How about skipping the BeTa and just give us HD channels. Realy 1 or 2 games in HD rest in SD?