Community Forum

MLB Extra Innings Blackout Rules on Xfinity

New Poster

MLB Extra Innings Blackout Rules on Xfinity

I am disappointed that Xfinity does not allow New York Yankee games on the Extra Innings package in the Williamsport area. I understand that home games are to be blacked out for the Phillies and Pirates their respective channels are carried by Xfinity. However the YES Network is not carried so watching NYY games are impossible (do not mention ESPN or Fox as alternatives). We are planning to move this year and sadly we will probably dump our cable TV for satillite when we relocate.
Problem Solver

Re: MLB Extra Innings Blackout Rules on Xfinity

You're in-market for YES and SNY. Comcast has chosen to not carry these channels in your area. However, you are in-market for both Yankees and Mets games. Comcast is honoring the contractual obligations by blacking out those games in your market.

Be aware that if any games involve the Phillies, you will not receive those games on satellite. Maybe you're OK with that, but it's something to consider. Extra Innings will black out Phillies games in your area, and DirecTV and Dish do not carry NBC Sports Philadelphia.

Official Employee

Re: MLB Extra Innings Blackout Rules on Xfinity

Hi @leypetcat3113

Welcome to the Xfinity Forum. Thank you for your feedback regarding MLB Extra Innings Blackout Rules. We regularly examine our channel lineups and talk with a wide range of programmers to ensure that we are bringing the content that our customers want the most. We appreciate your feedback and thank you for taking the time to reach out to us. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!