Community Forum

MLB Extra Innings Beta Version

Regular Visitor

Re: MLB Extra Innings Beta Version

Discovered this last night and spent 45 minutes on the phone with a tech who told me that the MLB channel was just fine. Then to reset the box and unplug it. Really? What would happen if we paid the $41.00, would we be able to collect a refund for overpayment? So frustrating! Phone support had no idea what I was talking about. I had to repeat the channel 20 times.

New Poster

I gave up complaining.  Spent 5 hours on the phone between yesterday and today.  Got no where.  @ weeks left in the season, I'll just give it up.  Next year, I just won't sign up!  

Frequent Visitor

I had a call this morning from the Comcast Advance Technical Support team and again another rep from Mexico who I could not understand and he was as clueless as the two reprentatives I talked to on Friday night. The one this morning told me it was a billing problem so I called again and had to go through the Comcast phone maze which is another joke before finally getting another rep in Mexico who was not a billing person but she was going to try to help me but before she could do so she would have to do some research to figure out what to do. Oh really. She had no clue either and didn't know what the problem was and I am not sure if she even knew what MLB Extra Innings Beta was.  At that point I decided to end the call out of the total frustration I have encounted in the past 24 hours.   

I have a technical rep coming to my home on Sunday morning and I am sure that he can speak English and will know how to resolve the problem because the reps in Mexico had no clue whatsoever.  And I had to go to my local Comcast office to get that scheduled and I got more and better customer service from that rep in 5 minutes then the almost hour I have spent on the phone with the so called customer representatives on the phone. And he spoke English.        

New Poster

By the time it's resolved, the season will be over.  So frustrating.  

New Poster

I think it's a back office programming issue which will need to be fixed at the top leval.  Coming to your house won't fix it, please let me know what happens though.  Very curious.  

Regular Contributor

@seattle4sports wrote:

I had a call this morning from the Comcast Advance Technical Support team and again another rep from Mexico who I could not understand and he was as clueless as the two reprentatives I talked to on Friday night. The one this morning told me it was a billing problem so I called again and had to go through the Comcast phone maze which is another joke before finally getting another rep in Mexico who was not a billing person but she was going to try to help me but before she could do so she would have to do some research to figure out what to do. Oh really. She had no clue either and didn't know what the problem was and I am not sure if she even knew what MLB Extra Innings Beta was.  At that point I decided to end the call out of the total frustration I have encounted in the past 24 hours.   

I have a technical rep coming to my home on Sunday morning and I am sure that he can speak English and will know how to resolve the problem because the reps in Mexico had no clue whatsoever.  And I had to go to my local Comcast office to get that scheduled and I got more and better customer service from that rep in 5 minutes then the almost hour I have spent on the phone with the so called customer representatives on the phone. And he spoke English.        

I have the same problem here in Illinois.  I would be willing to bet anything that your tech visit won't accomplish anything but making someone aware (down the line) who can fix it remotely. 

Frequent Visitor

Comcast does nothing to help. It is a complete waste of time to call them.
Contributor

I'm having the same problem here in California. Started last night (Friday 9/13). Beta Version suddenly began telling me that I needed a subscription to access the content. Tried again this morning. Same problem. So I went ahead and subscribed (again...). That got me to the channels, but then I got another error message saying that there was a problem. Did an automated reset on the X1 box. Of course, that had no effect. So I called Comcast. Rep was very good. I gave them the error code I was receiving. There are notes in the Comcast system that indicate that they are aware of this issue. There was no ETA on resolution, but clearly this is a problem on the backend somewhere in Comcast-land. Hopefully this will be resolved soon. There are only a few weeks of baseball left...
Contributor

Paying the $41.00 doesn't help. I tried that. It gets you to the team channels, but then you get another error message. When I talked to Comcast this morning, the rep said that she did not see the "extra" $41.00 being billed to my account, but if it was, they would reverse it.
New Poster

I called again and they can not resolve the issue.  

Frequent Visitor

So at least Comcast knows what the problem is so that brings up the question on why they can't fix it as it has been at least 2 days since the problem started. We pay extra for this and we are being deprived of what we paid for and should get credit for the lack of the full package. But if that means calling Comcast good luck if you can get through their phone maze to try to get to their billing department and more then likely you will be connected to a representative in Mexico who barely speaks English and will have no idea on why you want and deserve a credit.   

Contributor

MLB EXTRA INNINGS HD BETA

I paid for the entire season and now HD Beta is telling me i need to pay $40 to watch.

I didn't want to go without watching it so i clicked subscribe. Was then able to watch the game and the next day it is giving me the same message that i need to subscribe.

Most Valued Poster

Re: MLB EXTRA INNINGS HD BETA

Came here for this.

Seems like an error.

Never had to pay $40 extra for “pennant race”.

Please fix asap Comcast
New Poster

Getting the same message. Spent >2 hours with two different “customer support” people who were completely not helpful. One argued that we had to pay for it every month.

New Poster

I'm getting the same thing, if they don't fix it soon I want a refund. Already paid for the season and now they do this? Comcast is getting horrible, everyday they push me closer to direct tv
Contributor

if you have twitter send a message to @ComcastCares with the issue. they will help you with the issue.

one rep told me they are working on the issue and will credit my account if i was charged.

Most Valued Poster

Lolol insane
Contributor

Update: 6:28pm PT Saturday. Just turned on my TV and Beta version seems to be working normally now.
Frequent Visitor

I checked my TV and it is still not working for me.

Contributor

Sorry. False alarm. I’m still not working either. I can get one team OK (Tampa Bay Rays), but when I switch to any other team I’m still getting that “Subscription Only” message...
New Poster

Exactly right!  Dealing with the Comcast support group is a royal pain.  Be prepared to waste 2+ hours on the phone anytime there is a issue with your service.  Worse when your directed overseas.   I do hope they fix this beta issue in the next day or two.   

New Poster

7:32 AM Sunday - Beta still not working! 

Frequent Visitor

This has how it is been with Comcast.They never  respond to there errors, usually blame someone else. With only about 12 games remaining in the season, I doubt that they will, fix it or offer a credit. 

Frequent Visitor

They won't offer a credit because the product you are paying for, access to the game you want to see, is covered by the regular, mostly standard definition service. This all-HD IP streaming version is, as the name indicates, a Beta test version. It's not what Comcast promised to give you for your money, the regular SD game set each day, with two featured HD channels, is what they sell. If you want an HD feed and your own broadcast team on the road for the rest of the season, you can always use MLB"s At-Bat app or pages on its website. That is both the legal, and correct, response to demands for credits.
Frequent Visitor

Thank you for your reply. I do not agree with you. When I purchased this package from comcast, they promised HD and Home and  Away feeds. This was available for most of the season, until last week, when they are asking to subscribe .   I did get a call from Comcast today, saying they are working on this, and perhaps it will bew back on by Tuesday.  They did tell me a credit will be forthcoming for the games missed i HD. The reps youi speak with at comcast do not know there own product.  Hopefully next week will bring reasults, but I doubt it.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

My complaint with my calls the past several days is that I have to talk with representatives in Mexico who can barely speak English and had no idea of what I was calling about and this is not the first time I had encountered problems with the call centers in Mexico.

In the past when the calls went to call centers in this country the representatives were helpful and knew the products that Comcast was offering and provided good service. When I have gone to a Comcast center the people were helpful and provided the kind of customer service you like to receive. The problem is calls directed to Mexico.

I know that Comcast has outsourced the call centers to save money but when those call centers don't provide customer service what is the point as all that does is frustrate the customer and make them angry when there is a problem and that problem is not resolved or they don't even know what you are calling about.

Comcast like to say that they are Comcastic but that is not the word I would use for calls to the Mexico call centers.  

New Poster

Having the same problem today (9/15).  Problem started yesterday.  Any solutions yet?

Frequent Visitor

I agree 100%

New Poster

We are having the same problem since yesterday. Today someone told me they are having problems with the HD Beta and are working on it. I had a feeling she just told me that because she couldn’t fix it.
Most Valued Poster

@ComcastCares said they are aware & working on a fix
Official Employee

This issue should be fixed, can you please check the games tonight.  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

@_mArs_ wrote:

I paid for the entire season and now HD Beta is telling me i need to pay $40 to watch.

I didn't want to go without watching it so i clicked subscribe. Was then able to watch the game and the next day it is giving me the same message that i need to subscribe.

Apologies for the issue and the experience that you described above. I am told from our X1 team that this is expected to be resolved today. Apologies again and thanks for your patience. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

Fixed in California tonight... 9/16...
Frequent Visitor

There are working again here in Seattle.

Frequent Visitor

Thank u for the info