Community Forum

MLB Extra Innings Beta Version

New Poster

Re: MLB Extra Innings Beta Version

Hey everyone. They posted a fix. Unplug your x1 box, wait 10 seconds and plug it back in and mlb extra innings beta will work 

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/TV/ANSWERED-What-is-the-Xfinity-MLB-Extra-Innings-Out-of-Market/ta-p/29...

Contributor

I asume they mean the main box, correct? 

New Poster

I assume they mean the main box. But knowing Comcast..... 

Contributor

It works, I just tried  it.

New Poster

Awesome. I was on the phone with support when the fix was posted. The employee told me I was wrong...sooo I proved them wrong by pulling up 2 separate games with different announcers. The front line employees were not told of the fix. They were told HD was not happening this year. That it was just beta. The employee now is going to look like a rockstar when a customer calls because she will have a solution to anyone calling about extra innings. 

Frequent Visitor

Well hallelujah mine works after unplugging box. So I guess we didn't have to wait for hockey to be over after all.
Frequent Visitor

Lol they are so clueless. Beta IS high def.
Contributor

I just wish we could pause and record. 

New Poster

I can’t record. But I can pause...

Frequent Visitor

Wow!  Everything's working.  MLB EI Beta is working now.  Also, I even successfully subscribed to MLB.TV through the link provided on page 1 of this thread.  Watching MLB.TV on my laptop and successfully watched on my Samsung TV.  So the previous posts in this thread by ComcastJesse stating MLB.TV is not being offered as part of MLB EI is incorrect.  This is my first year as an MLB EI subscriber...and will be my last.  Note to self...next year just subscribe to MLB.TV, cheaper and all games in HD.

Frequent Visitor

HD working for me as well. 

Does anyone know how to get the mosaic channel ?

New Poster

Beta hd still not working for me, says a subscription required, which I already have, Comcast verified this when I first contacted them about hd beta not working, Wasted enough time with this, better off with Mlb.tv

Admin1

Re: MLB EXTRA INNINGS 2018 Xfinity questions

Hi klrfromstl & machado22 -- Our ads do not advertise that subscribers will receive MLB TV for free. It is not clearly stated anywhere that MLB TV is free with an Extra Innings subscription. We do not have an agreement with MLB TV. We also do not have a broadcast agreement to provide all games in HD. We understand this is something our customers desire and we are continually working to obtain this agreement. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Comcast Zach, RE MLB TV. 

If you go to MLB TV and authenticate with your Comcast creditials....you do get MLB TV for free. Here is the link, use the drag down and as you can clearly see...Comcast is one of the providers participating in giving MLB extra inning subscribers...MLB TV for free 

https://secure.mlb.com/tv/activate/?&affiliateId=clubMENU

Regular Visitor

But ... you're going to fail ..... because it's what Comcast/Xfinity does for it's customers.

I don't understand how you can charge $173+ for MLBEI, when I can get MLB.TV for $115. It seems to have become normal practice for this company to constantly gouge it's customers. Can you explain the $173+ ?? since you're an official comcast employee and all.......

New Poster

Thank you sooo much for this info and link. I was able to log in from out of town in order for father in law to watch Braves tonight. He is excited! Didn't think it was available as EI subscriber.
Frequent Visitor

I'd really like to know who is having crazed drug parties in the control rooms where the feeds are assigned to specific channels. I just turned on the MLB Extra Innings Beta Package Cubs channel to see my Chicago Cubs' broadcast team call the game between them and the Giants. Sure it's the HD1 game in the regular Extra Innings channels, but that's the particularly obnoxious Giants broadcast team. I want to see my Cubs broadcast team. So, I go to the Extra Innings Beta listing, select the Cubs. What do I get? The end of the Orioles-New York game, followed by the entire post-game show on the Orioles sports network. Heck, I don''t get my own freaking post-game show when it *does* show me the Cubs game. And it *really* galls me, having someone think that the hated, cheating, cheated-the-rest-of-the-league-by-league-office-edict-for-40-years-Yankees should get put onto MY CUBS' dedicated channel. The Yankees are the one team I would like to see watch a nuclear explosion from a few feet away. So, what gives? Why the heck can't you people get your act together to the extent that when I select something that says CUBS in big letters on it, that I actually get what I selected from the menu, and not have something I would rather lick warm vomit than watch being shoved at me?
New Poster

Can I record games on DVR on mlb extra innings or is just live streaming? Just signed up for it.
New Poster

You can record on your DVR.

@Davidmiss wrote:
Can I record games on DVR on mlb extra innings or is just live streaming? Just signed up for it.

Regular Contributor

@Davidmiss wrote:

Only at most 1-2 games in HD

New Poster

So only one game period all day or any one game? I only care about one team.
Highlighted
New Poster

Were you able to record cub games on dvr?
Regular Contributor

There are only 1-2 dedicated channels that are in HD. the rest are SD.  The DVR can record the channels.  I live in the Chicago area, so the Cubs are blacked out from within the package.  I see and record the Cub games on my local channels.  If you live out of area, you will be able to watch the Cubs (as well as most other teams)   live in HD on the Beta channels located on the guide next to where the MLB package starts.  However , those channels cannot be recorded.  

Contributor

Comcast is now including the MLB.TV streaming service with Extra Innings this year.  https://www.xfinity.com/learn/digital-cable-tv/sports/mlb

New Poster

My wife & I were just asking the same thing. It says “NHL Beta” where MLB Extra Innings Beta used to be. Xfinity, please bring back MLB Extra Innings Beta, or better yet, please make all of the game broadcasts HD!
Contributor

It's listed at the end of the lineup past the international channels
IMG_20190331_121957.jpg
Regular Contributor

@doctorrudy1 wrote:
My wife & I were just asking the same thing. It says “NHL Beta” where MLB Extra Innings Beta used to be. Xfinity, please bring back MLB Extra Innings Beta, or better yet, please make all of the game broadcasts HD!

I don't believe it is listed yet because of NHL center ice, but you can say "MLB extra innings beta"  into your remote and it works.

Frequent Visitor

Yes, it does work if you have the x1 system  Thank you

Frequent Visitor

Yes! HD is hard to find as they did not give it a number. I guess you can speak it into the remote. I have watched every game I wanted to so far in lovely HD!

Contributor

Picture is great.  Just can't record, but if you need to see the game on a delayed basis, that's what your MLB.TV subscription is for.

Intersting the channels ARE numbered on the Xfinity Stream App.

Unfortuntely I'm a new customer and had already bought MLB.TV and didn't realize the Beta HD streams would have pause, FF and REW or I wouldn't have purchased it.  Oh well.

Hopefully this is what goes on with NHL CI next fall.

Frequent Visitor

I thought I had read somewhere that using the beta channels for HD counted towards your internet data cap? Is this true?
Official Employee

Hello all, 

@DavidR00 - Thank you for posting your questions here. The service delivered through the Xfinity Stream app is not an Internet service, so our data usage plans don't apply. However, video services that are delivered over the Internet, like TV Everywhere content accessed via the Xfinity Stream app and web portal or content from NBC.com or the NBC and NBC Sports apps, are treated exactly the same way as any other Internet-delivered services like Netflix, Hulu, or Amazon, and are subject to any data usage plans that might apply.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

@ComcastElla Is this true for the HD version delivered through the X1 box as well?
Official Employee

@DavidR00 - If you just live stream a channel, watch On Demand or you recordings - it won't count against your data. However, if you watch something through a Netflix or Amazon Prime app - it will count against your data. Please don't hesitate to ask any questions you have. 

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for your response @ComcastElla. If I may make a suggestion I hope you can pass on. The functionality of the Extra Innings Beta on the Roku Stream app is lightyears ahead of the X1 boxes. This is because the Stream app gives each team a channel number so you can channel flip in between teams. Can this be implemented on the X1 boxes please?
Frequent Visitor

I use the  LAST button on your remote to flip between two stations.  Try it.

Contributor

David,

Flip how?  Obviously not entering numbers with a Roku.  

But I agree with you, MLB, NHL, NBA all have it in the 3000's and it's easier then getting to linear Beta point with a box.

Frequent Visitor

@Microphone I like when using the Roku, I can hit the right button on the control pad and it gives me a listing of all 32 channels and shows who's got a game on right now. Not everybody watches this way but I like to watch an inning or two of most games, and turn to another during the commercials. I just find the navigation on the Roku easier with the channel numbers and having all the teams listed on the right when you hit the right arrow button, versus the X1 box and having to talk to the remote to get back to the Beta screen for team listings.

So, I was hoping that at some point they'd bring similar navigation to the X1 boxes.

Contributor

@DavidR00 Gotcha and agree, I flip too and do use the right button for the mini guide.  Maybe someday.......

Both the sports and the Xfinity stream in general have been in beta longer than I would think.  I wonder when they'll be both "live."

New Poster

Neither can I. No HD and no home and away broadcasts. What’s up Xfinity?

Frequent Visitor

If you have the x1 sysyem  just use the mike in your remore and  say  MLBEXTRA INNINGS BETA   ITT WORKS

Frequent Visitor

So adding on. I see XFinity in it's own
"Infinite wisdom" got rid of the link that used to be on the bottom of the quick guide. See proof here. I understand they want you to use the voice remote but there are times the old guide link was just faster and easier! Can we get anything to a Dev team to make these HD games easier to find? How about on the Sports menu the option to watch either in SD or HD? Thanks.
20190409_190151.jpg
Contributor

It's been moved down in the 700s near the MLB channels.
IMG_20190409_200122.jpg
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for that. I didn't see it last night searching for it. Appreciate you finding that.
Regular Visitor

My MLB extra innings beta stopped working recently, probably the last day or two.  I get a message asking if I want to subscribe, but I’ve already paid, and it’s been working all year up to this point.  Has something changed?  I already called it in but they were not even aware of beta which is the only way to see it in HD.

Frequent Visitor

I am having the same issue with the Beta Version of Extra Innings where I am being asked if I want subscribe but I have already paid for the season and no problem until today. I called Comcast two different times and each time  got the representatives in Mexico and they were clueless and had no idea of what I was talking about.  I had to go to my local Comcast office and  they verfied that I was a subscriber but they could not resolve the problem. Instead they have scheduled a tech to come to my home on Sunday because they think it its a problem with the X1 box but it looks it is another issue.   

Contributor

Same problem here, seems as if somebody messed up somewhere. <Edited>

New Poster

Had the same thing here.  MLB Beta no longer working.  I was on the phone with customer support for over two hours.  Very frustrating dealing with them.  Called several times and each person gave me a different response.  One even told me the season was over.  Another told me because I was done paying, they turned it off.  I just paid my last installment a few weeks ago an I had to explain it was 4 installments for the entire season.  Got no where and had to call again!  If this is the case with Beta, I will not resign up next season.  

Frequent Visitor

Itried this twice   it did not work--- Standard DEF ATILL WORKS.   i WILL SEEK A CREDIT FRO M

COMCAST.

Contributor

Absolutely.  Seek a credit for programming missed.  I'm a transfer from Directv, don't you folks have a tie in with MLB.TV as an HD alternate, assuming you have a solid internet speed?

I want to buy the NHL CI Beta, but it needs that NHL.tv backup for reasons just like this.  And unfortuntely you need to call daytime weekdays for any knowledgable help, otherwise so and so in the Manila is going to tell you the season ended right before Cricket started.  It's frustrating.