Community Forum

MLB Extra Innings Beta Version

New Poster

MLB Extra Innings Beta Version

Is the MLB Extra Innings Beta Version for HD from last year available this year?  I can't access it.

Highlighted
Contributor

MLB EXTRA INNINGS 2018 Xfinity questions

So the site says 4 installments of $40.99.

Does this include anything else like mlb.tv like directtv does? 

Official Employee

Re: MLB EXTRA INNINGS 2018 Xfinity questions

@norcalneil wrote:

So the site says 4 installments of $40.99.

Does this include anything else like mlb.tv like directtv does? 

Sorry, no it doesn't

Regular Contributor

Re: MLB EXTRA INNINGS 2018 Xfinity questions

I'm a Cable Card Xfinity customer, when the Free MLB Extra Innings Preview airs usually twice a year will I be able to watch? Cable Card customers are Xfinity customers too!!! In the past channels 771-784 were not turned on for Comcast of Garden State NJ. Thank you
Regular Visitor

mlb extra innings in hd for 2018

Will MLB Extra Innings be televised in HD in 2018?

New Poster

Re: mlb extra innings in hd for 2018

I would like to know this as well...........last year I couldnt get but 1 on hd...........so it wasnt worth it.

New Poster

I would like an answer on this as well? 

Can anyone update.   How in 2018 can't they get HD?

New Poster

You would think this would be in high definition, right?  No mention on the Xfinity website though.  When there is not a mention, one must be suspect.  Last year, I signed up for the MLB on Comcast, and was told by the rep. that the games would be in HD.  Well guess what?  When I arrived home, the games were in standard definition.  Back went the equipment, and back I went to Directv. 

Directv is now gone, since we are forced to have Comcast through the neighborhood association.  I am going to use the wait and see approach this year before deciding.  Watch the free first week and see.  If not there is always streaming through mlb.com.

New Poster

Dudes!  In 2018, if I have to watch baseball games in SD...I am outta here!  Red Sox first pitch at 1:00pm PT...let's see what happens!  

Frequent Visitor

Re: MLB Extra Innings Beta Version

Cannot access MLBEI Beta either.  Just subscribed last weekend for MLBEI for first time.  Took day off work to watch Cards-Mets.  Game is on MLBEI (channel 533) but crappy SD!  Game is currently on and have tried MLBEI Beta several times, I select my team, and nothing happens!  I have this new 4K UHD Curved Samsung 55', and just received and successfully installed my Xfinity 4K box 4 days ago.  Everything set, right?  I'm stuck watching Cardinals opener on SD...for $40 plus a month!

Comcast, where is MLBEI Beta?

Regular Visitor

I'm also having the same issues. I can't find the Beta in my guide but can find it when I use the voice remote. However, when I select my team, nothing happens, it just stays on the current channel I have on.
New Poster

I'm having the same issue, spoke with customer support around 1230 central.  Said it's a known issue and the comcast tech team is working to resolve. Told me the expected resolution would take around 4 hours.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks, FDAS, for passing the info...

Administrator

All,

We are still running our MLB Extra Innings HD Beta at this time. You can learn more about this here: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/TV/ANSWERED-What-is-the-Xfinity-MLB-Extra-Innings-Out-of-Market/ta-p/29...

Administrator

All,

At this time we are still running our MLB Extra Innings HD Beta. For the latest information on this please see: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/TV/ANSWERED-What-is-the-Xfinity-MLB-Extra-Innings-Out-of-Market/ta-p/29...

New Poster

Jessie,

My guide is showing the NHL Center Ice beta, not the MLB Extra Innings Beta.  Still need help.

Frequent Visitor

Does not work now (3:50 MST) and hasn't worked all day.  I am an X1 subscriber, I have an Xfinity TV package, and I have an MLBEI subscription.  I have a 4K TV with the Xfinity 4k box.  I can see the MLBEI SD channels and earlier, the MLBEI HD games on the 2 HD Channels.  

I go into MLBEI Beta, I select a team and nothing happens.  Simply stays on the current channel I have on.

Frequent Visitor

MLB Package HD????

I just got the MLB package for the first time ever as we moved out of the Yankees market recently. Excited, I tune in to the game and it’s in SD! Just checking around online and see chatter about an MLB package HD “Beta”. Beta??? What is this? 2004?? Called Xfinity and after much back and forth they didn’t seem to know what was going on either. Then I got disconnected. Guess I paid to watch this season in SD on my new 65” tv. What a bummer.
Frequent Visitor

Why are you posting this ?

Clearly, "MLB Extra Innings HD Beta" is NOT working. Perhaps, as a previous poster said, they are working on it and it will be fixed soon. If that is true, then maybe you could please check up on it and let us know.

I switched over from directv just this month because I was told all games were now in HD on xfinity. I have been trying all day but the "beta" does not work. If I say "MLB Extra Innings HD Beta" into the voice remote, the page appears on my screen. But when I click on a team that is currently playing, I get nothing. Nada. Zilch. Zero.

In addition to this, I find out today that I don't get MLB.TV with "extra innings" through xfinity. When I had it through directv, I used it when traveling and also to listen to the audio broadcasts. Now, with xfinity, it appears I will need to pay an ADDITIONAL $115 for MLB.TV.

MLB is the most important thing for me, and I will probably revert to directv after this season. Then again, maybe comcast/xfinity will hear the pleas of myself and others and give us a better deal. But I'm not holding my breath.

Very disappointed.

Frequent Visitor

I only posted because ComcastJessie posted a "solution" on this thread.  All the post (the link in the post) did was explain what MLBEI Beta was.  I'm just simply stating that no, it does not work.

Frequent Visitor

Yes, and thank you for posting. My reply was directed to "comcastjessie" or anyone else at comcast. I guess I should have mentioned that in my original post.

Frequent Visitor

Copy.  Yes, frustrating.  Took off work today to watch my Cards...in HD!  Had to settle for SD...aargh!

Frequent Visitor

I am bookmarking this thread and will post if I can get the HD channels working.

My hope is that comcast/xfinity will have it fixed soon. 

Regular Visitor

Still not working for me as well. Btw, i was able to get MLB.TV with my Xfinity extra innings subscription. Link below for that.

Still having same issue all day with the Beta. Showing as NHL Beta, only can access the MLB version through the voice remote, and then nothing happens. Comcast marked the thread as resolved but it clearly isn't.

https://secure.mlb.com/tv/activate/?&affiliateId=clubMENU
New Poster

I have X1 and was watching the Extra Innings free preview. NONE of the games were in HD . Found the team Tile clicked on it and came in with SD or no game at all. It's pretty pathetic that Direct TV eats Comcast / Xfinity Lunch in MLB, NHL and of course we all know the situation with the NFL. Am I doing something wrong ? Im not buying the package unless I'm assured I'll see the games in HD. Had a big hassle with you guys over NHL Center Ice when the games weren't in HD. Come on it's 2018 

New Poster

Hey Robert,

i tried getting MLB.tv because I already have the extra innings package from Xfinity, but it won't let me. I did an online chat with an Xfinity rep who said MLB.tv isn't included with extra innings. Did you get it another way or did this rep not know what he was talking about? Thanks for the help

Regular Visitor

I would lean towards them not knowing what they are talking about lol. Follow the steps in the link I provided. At the very bottom, it asks you to select your provider. Comcast Xfinity is one of the selections. It'll then ask you to login to your Xfinity account to confirm you purchased Extra Innings. Once it confirms (which is quick), it'll ask you to login to your MLB.TV account and then gives your access to MLB.TV premium.
New Poster

hey so i encountered the same issue..however when u have mlb extra innings u also can go to mlb.com and give your cable provider info and be given a free subscription to mlb.tv for the whole season which btw has all the games in HD and u pick the broadcast feed thats how i saw my guy syndergaard strike out 10 red birds today..hopefully beta is fixed soon
Frequent Visitor

Hey  

Expert

Re: MLB Package HD????

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
New Poster

MLB.TV AND EXTRA INNINGS

CAN ANYONE ANSWER THIS QUESTION FOR ME?!!!!

I add Extra Innings to my plan today...does that not include a subscription to MLB At Bat as well?! NO ONE CAN SEEM TO GIVE ME A STRAIGHT ANSWER. I go on Xfinity chat to get an answer. I get the run around. I finally tell her to just answer my question and she tells me "Yes, this includes MLB At Bat" (see the attached screenshot).

I go to sync the accounts so I can watch on MLB At Bat at work...I get an erro:r:

This network is not included in your current Xfinity TV service.

It tells me I need to upgrade my plan. I DID! I GOT EXTRA INNINGS!!!!

I would just like a simple answer. And if MLB At Bat IS IN FACT included, how can I get it to actually work? It's already dumb that I can't watch Extra Innings through the Stream App if I'm not at home...doesn't that defeat the purpose of a stream app?

Thanks for listening.

mlb 2.jpeg
New Poster

So what about us customers who use HDHomeRun devices?  It doesn't make sense for me to pay full price for MLB Extra Innings if I'm only limited to the SD version.  I might as well just subscribe to MLB.tv instead, which mind you, is less expensive.

Please make the HD version available for all your customers, not just to those subscribed to X1.

Administrator

All,

The MLB Extra Innings HD Beta is live as of 03/29/18. For full details on how to get it, access content, and/or verify eligibility, please see here: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/TV/ANSWERED-What-is-the-Xfinity-MLB-Extra-Innings-Out-of-Market/ta-p/29...

Administrator

Re: MLB Package HD????

@gotmewrong,

We apologize for the inconvenience that you have experienced. Our MLB Extra Innings HD Beta is available as of 03/29/18. For full details about how the Beta work, eligibility, and how to access that content, please see here: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/TV/ANSWERED-What-is-the-Xfinity-MLB-Extra-Innings-Out-of-Market/ta-p/29...

Remember, HD is not available in all markets. 

Frequent Visitor

I still can't sign up for MLB.TV. When it asks me to login to xfinity it tells me I don't have Extra Innings even though I signed up yesterday.
Frequent Visitor

The “beta” is not working yet. Still SD.

New Poster

I get the same response

Administrator

@Bdubut,

We apologize for the inconvenience. MLB EXTRA INNINGS will not include a subscription to MLB.TV this season.

Regular Contributor

Despite the above statements, no Beta MLB Extra innings is listed on my X1 guide...as of 3:18 Eastern Beta Hockey is where Beta MLB should be.

What am I missing besides a HD picture?

Frequent Visitor

Then how are these other people getting mlb.tv?
Frequent Visitor

comcastjessie, I believe you are spreading some bad information.

First, HD channels are not working on my tv. I just tried again be checking the Reds-Nationals game. Just standard definition available. Can you verify that you are able to get the HD extra innings channels on your own tv ?

Second, I was able to link my extra innings subscription to my mlb.com account and am now able to watch (and listen to radio feeds) through mlb.com on my computer and the mlb atbat app on my phone.

If people are still unable to link their extra innings subscription to their mlb.com account, then I will gladly post some detailed instructions later. But first try again the link that was posted above - https://secure.mlb.com/tv/activate/?&affiliateId=clubMENU

In the meantime, perhaps comcastjessie can tell us when the HD feeds will be available through the extra inning hd beta channel.

Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I also can't get games in HD. If I go to the beta HD app and select a team, nothing happens.
Regular Visitor

Same here Comcastjessie...the Beta IS NOT working still. No one on this thread has attested to it working for them, so I promise you it is still an issue.
Frequent Visitor

As of 3:40 pm (MST), MLBEI Beta still does not work.  Also did not work all day yesterday.  The only Comcast response I see in this thread is to explain what MLBEI Beta is and how to access.  I know how to access it.  Everything in in place and the team logos are available.  But if you click on a team logo for a game I know is in progress (Reds - Nationals), nothing happens.  The screen just reverts to the TV channel being viewed.  I saw an earlier response from yesterday that stated he/she had called customer service and was told it was a known issue and would be fixed in a few hours.

New Poster

Experiencing the same issue as everyone else. Team logos appear, but when selected, nothing happens. Wondering if it could have something to do with the free trial going on?  Comcast needs to step up here. The subscription is not cheap.

Contributor

Same issues for me that everyone else is seeing. Rebooted my satellite box and it still doesn’t work. Will try the main box next.

Frequent Visitor

I don’t know what’s going on with this deal. I live 15 miles from Comcast headquarters and I’m watching in SD. I couldn’t even tell where Stanton’s second home run landed last night. Just over the fence? Mezzanine row? Off the the scoreboard? Who knows, because I’m watching in SD!
New Poster

Hey Jessie - this doesn’t seem to be working!! I found the (beta) option on X1 which brings up all the teams. When I select a team that has a game going on it just goes back to whatever I was watching. Nothing happens.

What’s he issue? It’s 2018 and for $165 everything should be in HD.
New Poster

Yes, I agree with other posters. The beta does not work except on the xfinity streaming app. MLB.TV is explicitly included in the Extra Innings package purchase, per the ads running now. I have not tested outside of the house but it allows me to create an account and then does not load any picture.