Community Forum

MLB Extra Innings 2019 price?

Contributor

MLB Extra Innings 2019 price?

Has the package/price been revealed yet for MLB Extra Innings 2019?

Is the package going to offer the same as last year or try to compete w/ DTV's better features?

Regular Visitor

Re: MLB Extra Innings 2019 price?

And can sombody at Comcast tell us if Extra Innings will continue to be delivered through streaming, as opposed to it being on normal cable channels with channel numbers?  Having to watch it through streaming has caused me to switch to MLB.TV.   Thanks. 

Official Employee

Hi there, norcalneil and gn32772. We don't have official documentation out yet about the 2019 MLB season. In the past, Xfinity customers with a subscription to the MLB EXTRA INNINGS package offered through Comcast cannot access the MLBTV app. That will likely continue this upcoming year. If you want access to MLB.TV or the MLBTV app, you would need to sign up directly through MLB.TV. The package should remain the same as in previous years. Subscribers to MLB EXTRA INNINGS will be able to watch games via the Xfinity Stream app on their in-home Xfinity WiFi network. You're welcome to check back with us in a few weeks to see if we're able to confirm specifics on the 2019 season. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Hi Comcast-The year is 2019. It is about time to help the customer experience a bit more. Please add to your MLB Extra Innings in 2019 before you lose another customer.

Offer all the games in HD, not just 1-3 per day

Allows fans who sign up for MLB Extra Innings to also subscribe to MLB TV.

Direct TV does that for their customers and so should you.

I don't mind paying the early bird price on Comcast for MLB EI, but i do mind when not every single game is available in HD

Thanks in advance

Regular Contributor

My 2 cents..this will be the 3rd year of Beta.  It would be nice to record a game in HD.  Some of us cannot sit through a 3-4 hour game that starts at 9pm.

Official Employee

machado22 and tbill1, thanks for your feedback. I will send that to my leadership. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

MLB  Extra innings in HD is in beta trial. Because it is in Beta, it doesn't have channel number associated with it. On X1 TV Boxes, the 'MLB Extra Innings HD (Beta)' channel is the first MLB EXTRA INNINGS listing in the X1 guide above the current MLB EXTRA INNINGS SD channels.

The easiest way to access the games in HD is to say “MLB Extra Innings HD Beta” into your X1 Voice Remote.

Pricing has not been announced yet. 

Contributor

It's intersteing, when you sign into MLB.TV, it's asks for your Satellite/Cable provider and one of the choices is Xfinity.  Not sure if that was there in the past.

Official Employee

We will offer MLB EXTRA INNINGS as a free preview to customers across all Xfinity On Demand platforms (where available) during the following dates:

Regular Season Free Preview:
March 28, 2019 – April 4, 2019

Half Season Free Preview:
July 12, 2019 – July 18, 2019

MLB EXTRA INNINGS will not include a subscription to MLB.TV or the MLBTV app this season. The package will remain the same as in previous years.

• A MLB.tv or MLBTV app subscription has not been included with MLB EXTRA INNINGS for previous seasons.

*Please let me know what other questions you guys have.*

Regular Contributor

@ComcastMorgan wrote:

We will offer MLB EXTRA INNINGS as a free preview to customers across all Xfinity On Demand platforms (where available) during the following dates:

Regular Season Free Preview:
March 28, 2019 – April 4, 2019

Half Season Free Preview:
July 12, 2019 – July 18, 2019

MLB EXTRA INNINGS will not include a subscription to MLB.TV or the MLBTV app this season. The package will remain the same as in previous years.

• A MLB.tv or MLBTV app subscription has not been included with MLB EXTRA INNINGS for previous seasons.

*Please let me know what other questions you guys have.*

Here is my question:  Why is Comcast's offering of the MLB extra innings package substandard year after year compared to the other major carriers?

Official Employee

Hmm. In what way are you considering it substandard, tbill1?

Regular Contributor

In Beta for the 3rd year and I still can't record in HD.  No MLB.TV, although commercials run ad nauseum stating how it is included.

Official Employee

We also have a regular MLB Extra Innings Sports package. MLB EXTRA INNINGS is a Major League Baseball package that offers customers out-of-market regular season games and is designed for MLB EXTRA INNINGS fans who want to see more than just the games played by the local team. Customers can access up to 90 out-of-market games per week. The games included in MLB EXTRA INNINGS are in addition to those available on FOX, ESPN, ESPN2, MLB Network, TBS and a subscriber's in-market home team's network(s). That package is offered to the majority of our customers in our West Division. 

The MLB EXTRA INNINGS Out of Market HD Beta is separate and the recording functionality is a feature that may be available in the future.

We will be sure to pass along your feedback about the package options. 

Regular Contributor

@ComcastMorgan wrote:

We also have a regular MLB Extra Innings Sports package. MLB EXTRA INNINGS is a Major League Baseball package that offers customers out-of-market regular season games and is designed for MLB EXTRA INNINGS fans who want to see more than just the games played by the local team. Customers can access up to 90 out-of-market games per week. The games included in MLB EXTRA INNINGS are in addition to those available on FOX, ESPN, ESPN2, MLB Network, TBS and a subscriber's in-market home team's network(s). That package is offered to the majority of our customers in our West Division. 

The MLB EXTRA INNINGS Out of Market HD Beta is separate and the recording functionality is a feature that may be available in the future.

We will be sure to pass along your feedback about the package options. 

Thank you.

Official Employee

What I can tell you tbill1 regarding the questions that you asked, is that the availability of the HD channels in the Extra Innings package is due to the agreement that we came to with Extra Innings. That does also apply/coincide with the MLB.TV service. 

Contributor

@ComcastMorgan, are you saying the agreement is that MLB.tv and Comcast provide the same amount of MLB HD programming?
Official Employee

No, what I was saying is that we do not include MLB.TV in the MLB Extra Innings subscription, which is also part of the agreement that we have with Extra Innings. Thank you for requesting clarification!

New Poster

I would like some clarification.  To this point, I am unable to see any information on the MLB Extra Innings package.  I recently purchased the NBA package through Comcast, and in order to see games in HD, I had to go through the Beta application, which is frankly horrible, compared to what was available with DirecTV.  I honestly feel that I was lied to when I asked if your sports packages were identical to what I was currently experiencing with DirecTV.  It is honestly baffling that we have to jump through these types of hoops to watch a MLB game in HD, when HD has been a standard for well over a decade.

New Poster

I would like some clarification.  To this point, I am unable to see any information on the MLB Extra Innings package.  I recently purchased the NBA package through Comcast, and in order to see games in HD, I had to go through the Beta application, which is frankly horrible, compared to what was available with DirecTV.  I honestly feel that I was lied to when I asked if your sports packages were identical to what I was currently experiencing with DirecTV.  It is honestly baffling that we have to jump through these types of hoops to watch a MLB game in HD, when HD has been a standard for well over a decade.

New Poster

I just wanna get Nesn for the Red Sox since I live in Texas , but I have to order the whole package I just wanna see one team can Comcast make it just so we can order our favorite team for a cheaper prices rather than ordering the whole package will be switching to att most likely after this year since they offer nesn with there Sports package
Contributor

And it will be blacked out like any pro sports events on a DirecTV when you don't buy the respective sports package. MLB
TV may be the way to go.
Regular Contributor

@Fenwayfaithful wrote:
I just wanna get Nesn for the Red Sox since I live in Texas , but I have to order the whole package I just wanna see one team can Comcast make it just so we can order our favorite team for a cheaper prices rather than ordering the whole package will be switching to att most likely after this year since they offer nesn with there Sports package

What Microphone said - I had U-Verse for about eight years with the sports package, and while you do get all of the Regional Sports Networks, pretty much every MLB, NBA, and NHL game on the channels not considered to be in "your local area" is blacked out with a screen that says something like, "This program is not available in your area." This is pretty much universal over all cable and satellite systems, and in part it is because the leagues want you to pay for their version of League Pass.

Contributor

It looks like for the first time Comcast is now including the MLB.TV streaming service with Extra Innings this year. It says it on the MLB on Xfinity front page here: https://www.xfinity.com/learn/digital-cable-tv/sports/mlb

“Catch all the baseball action this season with MLB Extra Innings on Xfinity. Get up to 90 out-of-market games each week. And now for the first time, MLB.TV is included with the MLB Extra Innings subscription. Sign up for the Early Bird package now for $42.50 more per month for four months from March 18 - March 27.”

This is good news. I’m about to sign up for the first time Smiley Happy