Community Forum

MGM HD being Removed

Regular Contributor

MGM HD being Removed

I know others have mentioned this also. Absolutely a disgrace to remove MGM HD. This is happening as most know June 1st in the South Jersey/Philly area. This is one of the Unique channels that comcast carries. Fios is not available in my NJ area but if it was I would switch in a minute. No new channels ever added they just keep removing channels.
New Poster

Re: MGM HD being Removed

Yep, since Dec. 2017 they keep deleting and deleting channels left and right.

• Effective June 1, 2018, MGM HD will no longer be available on Xfinity TV.
  • Effective May 10, 2018, the following channels will no longer be available on our Digital Economy TV service: Disney Channel, Cartoon Network, truTV and Food Network. These channels will be available on our Digital Starter TV service. Effective May 10, 2018, Disney Jr, Disney XD, Nick Jr, Nick Toons and Teen Nick will no longer be included in Xfinity Instant TV Kids & Family service, and ESPNU, ESPN News and NFL Network will no longer be included in Xfinity Instant TV Sports & News service.
  • Effective April 1, 2018, as a result of increased business costs Sports and News Package will increase from $25.00 to $28.25, plus applicable fees. Beginning April 10, 2018, Great American Country (GAC) will no longer be available on Digital Starter and will now be available on Digital Preferred. Effective April 10, 2018, Big Ten Network, MAV TV and RFD TV will no longer be available as part of our channel lineup.
  • On or around December 12, 2017, ESPN Classic will no longer be available.
  • On January 11, 2018, Big Ten Network, NBC Sports Boston, NBC Sports Chicago, Outside TV, SNY, and World Fishing Network will no longer be available on Sports Entertainment Package. Spike will move from Digital Preferred to Sports Entertainment Package. Please note that Spike is rebranding as "Paramount Network" on January 18, 2018.

So sick and tired of this with Comcast/Xfinity...June 7th cannot come soon enough for me (When my contract expires).

Regular Contributor

What's comcast's end game here?

Less channels more price?

Silver Problem Solver

Just a note that ESPN Classic shut down their linear channel and are now streaming only.

Regular Contributor

Here in South FL got this months bill and also had a notice that MGM HD movie channel was being removed from all plans on June 1.

So they took Weather Scan away, and now MGM HD.

But I'm surprised that we now get TBN HD (1045) for the past week.