Community Forum

ME-TV commercials overrun TV programs

Regular Visitor

ME-TV commercials overrun TV programs

Watching Charlie's Angels ep 1x08 today. 19m36sec into the show, a Senior Plan Life Insurance ad overlaid the Charlie's Angels program for 2 minutes. One of Charlie's Angels almost was killed by an exploding fake tennis ball during the two minute portion. How do I know? I had to track
down the episode on the internet and play it to find out what that stupid commercial overlaid. This has happened on previous episodes of Charlie's Angels as well as The Wild, Wild West and several other shows. I am about ready to give up watching ME-TV if this stupid policy decision continues.

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: ME-TV commercials overrun TV programs

@iliki77 wrote:

Watching Charlie's Angels ep 1x08 today. 19m36sec into the show, a Senior Plan Life Insurance ad overlaid the Charlie's Angels program for 2 minutes. One of Charlie's Angels almost was killed by an exploding fake tennis ball during the two minute portion. How do I know? I had to track
down the episode on the internet and play it to find out what that stupid commercial overlaid. This has happened on previous episodes of Charlie's Angels as well as The Wild, Wild West and several other shows. I am about ready to give up watching ME-TV if this stupid policy decision continues.

You can direct your concerns here

https://www.metv.com/contact/

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Contributor

@iliki77 wrote:

Advertizing on MeTV is inserted by the local station that has put MeTV on one of their sub channels.  Not Comcast.  I was watching the same episode of Charlie's Angels and did not have the commercial.  Obviously, I am not on your cable system.

Regular Visitor

As suggested in this forum, I forwarded my question to https://www.metv.com/contact/ and got the following reply:

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Thank you for your email. 

Based on your email we found a problem today with our automation system incorrectly playing commercials over programming. The problem is now resolved, if you see it again please directly email me and I’ll find out what happened. Thank you for your email which helped us resolve the problem. I want to assure you we are respectful of the MeTV programming and its not our policy to cover programming with commercials.  

Thank you

Brad Moran

President

Ramar Communications

806-748-9300

Bmoran@ramarcom.com

NONDISCRIMINATION POLICY: Ramar Communications, Inc. or its stations do not discriminate in advertising contracts on the basis of race or ethnicity. Any provision in any order or agreement for advertising that purports to discriminate on the basis of race or ethnicity, even if handwritten, typed, or otherwise made a part of a particular contract, is hereby rejected.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@