Community Forum

Loud Commercials

New Poster

Loud Commercials

The last 6 months Commercials are unbearably loud.... have to mute every time a commercial comes on.  Isnt it against the law to throttle volume on commercials?!?  This seems to happen on about every channel....I had guests over and they even commented on it and how unbearable it is.

Regular Contributor

Re: Loud Commercials

@serenity707 wrote:

The last 6 months Commercials are unbearably loud.... have to mute every time a commercial comes on.  Isnt it against the law to throttle volume on commercials?!?  This seems to happen on about every channel....I had guests over and they even commented on it and how unbearable it is.

The FCC is the agency that regulates this.  There was something written up that was supposed to stop commercials from being louder than the program in progress -- but that was about as effective as the "Do Not Call" list.  Lower volume levels prevailed for a very short time, then it went back to what it was.

You can go onto the FCC's website and file a complaint -- that involves providing detailed info such as the program in progress, the offending ad, the time it ran, the channel on which it appeared, etc.  In other words, it's up to YOU to monitor the situation and report it as it happens.  The whole thing is enormously irritating -- but I'm betting that nothing more will be done about it.