Community Forum

Lost channels

New Poster

Lost channels

Service men came yesterday to exchange my old equipment for all new equipment and added a security system. Some of the channels I used to have are gone now, how do I get them back?

Expert

Re: Lost channels

@Sherriec wrote:

Service men came yesterday to exchange my old equipment for all new equipment and added a security system. Some of the channels I used to have are gone now, how do I get them back?

What service did you up-grade, or down-grade, to?  The reason for your exchange of equipment.

Some channels may have been in a different tier. What channels were lost?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Our equipment was very old, I bought a new smart tv and wanted the HD box for it, took it into the xfinity store he looked up my account saw how old all of my equipment was and said for $7 more a month I could get all new equipment and add the home security system. All of the new stuff works great but immediately after the new install I lost a bunch of channels I got just that morning with the old equipment. Like The Gameshow Network.

Expert

@Sherriec wrote:

Our equipment was very old, I bought a new smart tv and wanted the HD box for it, took it into the xfinity store he looked up my account saw how old all of my equipment was and said for $7 more a month I could get all new equipment and add the home security system. All of the new stuff works great but immediately after the new install I lost a bunch of channels I got just that morning with the old equipment. Like The Gameshow Network.

Initiaily; I would just go through the channel listing to see whate channels you have now. the lowest numbers (channel 2 to 99) would have been the lowest cable-channel tier for analog days but now are digital SD channels. Some channels might be found in the higher channel numbers.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!