Community Forum

Lost access to certain channels (TBS, Freeform, TLC etc) that were part of my channel lineup

New Poster

Lost access to certain channels (TBS, Freeform, TLC etc) that were part of my channel lineup

When I started my new X1 service in September 2017, my channel lineup included channels like Freeform, TBS, TLC, Nick. However, about a week ago, I lost access to all these channels. Every time I try to click on the channel, a message pops up asking me to subscribe to these channels by going to my account and clicking on the Shop/Upgrade option. 

I am not sure why I lost access to these channels that were part of my plan (especially since it's not even been a year yet and I did not get any prior notice from Xfinity that this was going to happen). When I try accessing my account to see if I could add these channels back, I get another message telling me that they are having problems processing my order and that I should call 1-877-680-7173. Of course, I call and am put on hold for 40 mins without any success of talking to an agent. 

All guidance will be appreciated. These channels are very popular in my household and not having them has caused a lot of inconvenience. 

Thank you! 

Admin1

Re: Lost access to certain channels (TBS, Freeform, TLC etc) that were part of my channel lineup

Hi gmani850 -- Those channels were moved to a new lineup. You would have to subscribe to a new package that contains those channels in order to get them back. Would you be interested in receiving quotes? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: Lost access to certain channels (TBS, Freeform, TLC etc) that were part of my channel lineup

Hi Zach, 

Thanks for your response. I am still upset because we were never asked about this or notified about it (I checked my bills as well and no such thing was mentioned). Customers like myself chose Comcast based on the channel lineups and paid for the inclusion of these channels. I think it's in poor taste to remove these channels and make us pay for something we already had in the first place. 

In any case, I know that you are simply an employee there and do not make these decisions. Please send me the quotes for adding this new line-up and also provide instructions on how to add it to my account. 

Thanks. 

Admin1

gmani850 -- I can do that. I'll need some authentication information from you in order to do that. Please send me a PM with your name, full service address, and either account number or linked phone number. I'll be able to get you those quotes with that information. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I also wondered why these channels are no longer part of my package that I have had to sign up for two years for.  I don't think it is fair to delete channels or move to another lineup and not compensate the customer for these.  Cable TV and internet is so expensive as it is and if you live on a low income or fixed income, it is near to impossible to be able to justify the costs.  I guess when enjoyment of living is too expensive we should just sit and twiddle our thumbs for entertainment.

New Poster

The same thing happened to me. I haven't even had my service with them a good 8mos before they took my channels. I too was not notified and if  hundreds of people are reporting the same issue then we're not making this up! I have gone back through all of my e-bills and I haven't found anything about the change like many others. Basically this was a sneaky undercut shady move to rip people off and increase sales!! I was offered my package with included HBO as a promo for the 1st year and now I can't access any of the channels yet my bill will remain the prices for channels I no longer have!!! I DONT THINK SO. 

I even tried logging in to my account to view a package that may be better suited for me because of the change, and I get a message telling me to call customer service. The fact that I can't view the "deals" and make my own decisions without an Agent is still SHADY and all a sale pitch! 

I hope CNN does a story about this and expose these cheaters for who they really are.