Community Forum

Losing channels

Frequent Visitor

Losing channels

I've had xfinity at my current address since 1986. In the past year or two, I have lost PAR (28), GAC (52), CMT (98), POP (177) just to name a few; yet continue to receive price INcreases while losing channels. BUT MY BIGGEST COMPLAINT is to learn that in Oct, I am losing TCM (25). I have been watching TCM since its inception back in the 90's and am incensed that this is being moved to a Sports/Ent package where the bulk of channels are sports, outdoor, etc. Why in the world is a classic movie channel being moved there? I am not happy with Xfinity at all. I said nothing when you took the other channels, but this has me furious! I watch TCM daily!
New Poster

Re: Losing channels

I too am very upset about the TCM being put in a sports package! On the bottom of my bill in really small print it mentions TCM being moved out of my package . I’m already paying over $250 every month for basic channels and internet. Furious. Just unbelievable.
Frequent Visitor

Agreed...they think nothing of increasing rates, while systematically removing channels one way or another. But this one takes the cake...sports package??!!
Expert

@krabon wrote:
Agreed...they think nothing of increasing rates, while systematically removing channels one way or another. But this one takes the cake...sports package??!!

Sports AND Entertainment

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Yes. I am aware of the "entertainment" label. I was being brief.... with that said when I viewed that package's channel line-up I saw primarily sports related channels, with a sprinkling of outdoor channels, history, crime, etc. So why is a "classic movie" channel included in that line-up?
Official Employee Digital Care

Hello, all - 

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us here regarding your concerns. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. We are moving this channel to our Sports Entertainment programming package. Previously, we offered this channel in Digital Preferred and in Economy Plus Latino TV. We regularly evaluate channel lineups and sometimes make changes to ensure we're offering customers a wide variety of content at the best value. Moving TCM to the SEP will help us do that by continuing to make the channel available to those who want to watch it without forcing other customers who may not watch it to pay for it.

If you would like to take a look at some options together to upgrade your package, please feel free to send us a PM with your first and last name. 

To send us a Private Message, please click “Comcast_Support” and click “Send a message.”

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I don’t plan on upgrading. I pay over $250 a month already. We only use 1 tv in the whole house. We don’t even have a landline. Anytime I call to ask for any deals I’m told I can’t have one because of my balance. As a person that is on kidney dialysis and doesn’t make much money Comcast is a huge bill each month. Now you take TCM away to put in a sports package. Now I know why everyone I know is switching out of cable . This is truly disappointing.
Frequent Visitor

So, in other words... instead now I am the one who would be forced to pay for sports channels I'll never watch in order to retain my classic movies (TCM)?
New Poster

It’s so ridiculous. We don’t watch sports either and there’s a lot of sports channels as it is
Expert

@krabon wrote:
So, in other words... instead now I am the one who would be forced to pay for sports channels I'll never watch in order to retain my classic movies (TCM)?

You've been paying for sports channels all along.  You may not watch them, but they're most likely in your package.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Thank you for supporting my point. As the Official C.Employee stated "without forcing other customers who may not watch it to pay for it." As you stated, I may not watch the sports channels, but pay for it.
New Poster

Absolutely!
New Poster

I have been a customer with Xfinity 4 over 30 years I'm on a fixed income and they keep raising the price I am fighting cancer I use TCM to watch old time movies because they're very relaxing this change is very disappointed I'm very very unhappy with Comcast.
Contributor

Losing channels, but they're not modifying the price of the packages.... I'm so sick and tired of comcast...... all these years just giving them my money..... they DO NOT care....if they did....they would modify the cost of your current package when the drop channels that were a part of that cost.....but noooooooo they leave the pricing as is....then say you can subscribe to said removed channel for an additional cost, despite the fact that it  was already in your package you're still paying for....rediculous.......