Community Forum

Local Basic HD?

New Poster

Local Basic HD?

I'm only getting Standard def on basic local channels with my local xfinity TV package.

We should be getting the HD version, acording to law and the comcast website. Does anyone else have this issue?

below is the copied text from the website

"Subscription to the HD Technology fee is required to view HD, except Limited Basic channels"

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Local Basic HD?

You won't need to pay the HD fee, but you do need an HD cable box. The price sheet for my area of Central PA, under "XFINITY TV / XFINITY TV EQUIPMENT", lists this:

HD Digital Converter (Limited Basic Only)   $2.00

Price sheets should be availabe at Service Centers (check locations and hours at http://customer.xfinity.com/service-center-locations), or have Customer Service send one to you.

New Poster

Oh boy, went to my local service center - a legacy store, they knew nothing...

The rate card clearly states Limited Basic HD Box charge is $2.50 - i would assume for equipment.  They want to charge me $9.95 for HD and $9.99 for a Box.  I have my own Tivo and don't need any equipment.  How do i get the HD channels correctly added to my lineup since its stated in the Channel Guide and the Rate Card, that limited basic HD fee is included?  Thanks CM

Official Employee

Hi ChiMach. I can help with accessing your account and going over the options so that you can get HD channels added to your lineup. Please reach out to me via private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you.