Community Forum

Lack of hd content

Regular Contributor

Lack of hd content

HBO East is not in HD and once again I will have to go over to my friends house to watch the fight in HIGH DEFINITION because xfinity does not want to provide hbo east channel 550 in HD. 

Directv and dish have all their premium channels in HD...  why can't you be like them?

Its clearly obvious you guys don't care about your customers because if you did you would provide all your premium channels in hd. 

Expert

Re: Lack of hd content

@Waqas1 wrote:

HBO East is not in HD and once again I will have to go over to my friends house to watch the fight in HIGH DEFINITION because xfinity does not want to provide hbo east channel 550 in HD. 

Directv and dish have all their premium channels in HD...  why can't you be like them?

Its clearly obvious you guys don't care about your customers because if you did you would provide all your premium channels in hd. 

For the last two years Comcast seems to be carrying only the major premium (HBO in your case) in HD (720P). It's a matter of total broadband space. What they seem to be dropping versus what we the customer would rather see dropped are different for each of us. In the end none of us are pleased.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Contributor

this is 2018.  can you even find a tv that is SD anymore?  all this talk of 4k and you can't have your premiums in hd...... not to mention their picture quality has taken a turn for the worst over the years since they down rezzid.... 

I was watching ESPN via Xfinity linear and when I authenticated via the app i saw a superior picture, same goes for TNT

Expert

@Waqas1 wrote:

this is 2018.  can you even find a tv that is SD anymore?  all this talk of 4k and you can't have your premiums in hd...... not to mention their picture quality has taken a turn for the worst over the years since they down rezzid.... 

I was watching ESPN via Xfinity linear and when I authenticated via the app i saw a superior picture, same goes for TNT

Since the majority of channels that used to be 1080i under MPEG 2 were converted to 720p under MPEG 4 (or maybe only 480p). If you are watching a show on ON DEMAND (linear version) after the original showing on the regular channel in 720p. There is a good chance the ON DEMAND version is still 1080i). It would be a better quality picture. I sometimes wait for the better resolutuion.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Contributor

i just authenticate via the stand alone apps because they have live feeds coming (ESPN, TNT, TBS, SHOWTIME etc) 

i never do on demand... just authenticate via linear stand alone apps... i wish HBOGO streamed live... i wouldn't be complaining about the HD thing really.... 

Regular Contributor

720p >> 1080i

its more than just about the numeral

P>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>I