Community Forum

Jeopardy Comes on Earlier than Channel Guide Shows

Contributor

Jeopardy Comes on Earlier than Channel Guide Shows

Jeopardy shows up as coming on at 6-30 PM but instead comes on at 6-28.  It's annoying as a few questions are already gone, you miss the categories, and the first commercial break comes on nearly right away if you tune in on at 6-30.  I am in Logan UT - non-X1 service.  It's the 'new' Jeopardy feed, not the day-time repeats. I told the station, but they aren't responding.  It's KJZZ Salt Lake City - owned by KUTV.

Official Employee

Re: Jeopardy Comes on Earlier than Channel Guide Shows

It’s the affiliate, there’s nothing Comcast can do to make it start any differently.
Contributor

I don't want it to start at a different time and actually think this is a rather silly reply.  I want the channel guide to say when it actually starts! I have posted channel guide issues before and Comcast says it's the 'affiliate' and the Affiliate says it's comcast. Usually they've been fixed eventually - but I have never known who did it.  Maybe it's the guide?  But I still would like someone to fix it or find the responsible party and tell them.

Valued Contributor

loki-dog wrote:

I don't want it to start at a different time and actually think this is a rather silly reply.  I want the channel guide to say when it actually starts! I have posted channel guide issues before and Comcast says it's the 'affiliate' and the Affiliate says it's comcast. Usually they've been fixed eventually - but I have never known who did it.  Maybe it's the guide?  But I still would like someone to fix it or find the responsible party and tell them.

I'm guessing that the affiliate channel reports the start time as 6:30 to the channel guide company that prepares the listings for Comcast. 

Contributor

Yeah that makes sense.  Can you put in a report or contact them to let them know there is a problem?  Who is the channel guide company?  Can I contact them myself?  I've already contacted the Affiliate, with some successs, but the response was rather vague - they did not know what a channel guide was!

Contributor

1- More info - this is not just once, but started months ago and is consistantly off every day.  I did put in a message to the Affiliate then, but no responce.  Got irritated again, so this message.  Other shows will show a start or stop at a non-on-the-half-hour.  Not really sure why these shows do this (Wheel of Fortune and some other shows around this time are like this too - but I never watch them).

2- There should be a place to report these issues - not each affiliate or here, but one place where the channel guide mistakes can be reported and fixed.