Community Forum

It's been months - Where is HBO Max?

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

It's been months - Where is HBO Max?

I have ZERO interest in watching HBO Max on a laptop, phone, or tablet.  I have TVs  because I like watching TV series on a TV.

WHEN is  HBO Max, which I'm paying Comcast for, going to be available through X1?

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: It's been months - Where is HBO Max?

Still nothing announced

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

It apparently has just been added to Amazon Firestick.  Am I actually going to have to give more money to Amazon in order to watch something I'm paying Comcast for?

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Guess so, as a consumer do what you have to do if you aren’t able to wait any longer

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Contributor

We were told back in May that it'd be "coming soon" plus X1 has been advertising it for months as well. I pay for HBO Max through Comcast yet unable to watch?

This wait is insane.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I agree.
Highlighted
Contributor

I can stream directly through my tv using the xfininty log in option. That bypasses the box untill it is avalable on box. 

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

That is interesting.  Do you mean that you sign into the internet on your smart TV (bypassing Comcast), go to the HBO Max site, sign in, and watch that way?

Highlighted
Contributor

Yes through the tv  sreaming directly. It gives the option for several providers including  xfinity to log in through. I by pass the box all together as my tv has the HBO MAX app. Not sure if it would work using the TV's browser but I would think it would. 

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I have a Samsung TV but it’s not one of those that has the HBO Max app.
Highlighted
Contributor

I had to download the app in the tv's app options.  I also have a new Samsung. It is not in the default apps that came with it. Use the app icon to go to the apps if you have that. 

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Yes, I did that a long time ago. I can’t download it to my Samsung. Only certain models. And mine isn’t one of them.

I’m also waiting for the ability to load the app to my Roku.

But it’s Comcast I’m angry with because it’s Comcast who I am paying and it’s Comcast who told us that we now have the app.
Highlighted
Contributor

Guess you have an older smart TV. I tried using the TV bowser and got to the page but when I went to sign in it said browser not supported so that option is out. 

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

OK.  Thanks for telling me that.  You've saved me some time.

Back to waiting for COMCAST to add the app to their menu!!!!!

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

My Samsung actually isn't that old, by the way.  It's about two years old.  But it's not in the list of models that allow you to download HBO Max, and when I tried to, back in the summer, it couldn't find it.

Now my Panasonic smart TV really is old. Maybe around eight years old?  It doesn't even allow me to download apps at all.  I can only use the ones that came already loaded on the TV:  Netflix, Amazon Prime, YouTube, ... .

It's why I bought a Roku. But as everyone knows, HBO Max isn't available on the Roku yet.

Sigh.

Highlighted
Contributor

Yea the Tizen smart system they have now is in all 2020 models (Crystal and Q) and I beleve started it 2019. 

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I have a Roku TV so using an HBO Max service outside my X1 box won't work for me. I wish I understood why Comcast wants to send its customers to other portals to stream a service they promote and claim to have but don't offer on their own box. Seems like a bad way to do business -- to alienate a consumer base looking for ways to cut the cord. When they got Peacock, they made it available on the X1 right away.