Community Forum

Investigation Discovery

Highlighted
New Poster

Investigation Discovery

I'm very upset that I no longer get the one channel I actually watch consistently ID. Please fix this problem or I'm no longer intrested in cable.
Admin1

Re: Investigation Discovery

Hi tff135 -- Investigation Discovery is part of our Expanded Basic lineup. You would need to subscribe to a package that includes Expanded Basic in order to get that channel. Would you like to look at options for a package that has Expanded Basic?

Regular Visitor

Why are people bring offered different packages to get ID? Every rep I talk to says that I cannot have it, and that all existing customers will have it removed from their service, too. What gives?
Admin1

goodbyetree -- Apologies if you've been given any misinformation about Investigation Discovery. Your area is going through a transition where new packages and lineups are coming out while our older packages and lineups are being phased out. Most channels have migrated to a new lineup however Investigation Discovery has not. It is still linked with our older packages and lineups at this time. This channel may move to a newer lineup at a later time. 

New Poster

I just got off the phone 10 minutes ago and was informed and she read directly from her email that ID,We and TruTV have not renewed their contracts and is not available in any packages. I have the digital preferred package 220+ channels
Admin1

MrKrisp -- That information is not correct. We had it listed in our notifications on what packages these channels would be located in. 

New Poster

Would you please provide a list of the packages that include the ID Discovery network?  I too, have been on the phone with numerous reps only to be told several different reasons why I can't have said network included in my service , or that it was included, only to find out that I was misinformed. Thank you.

Admin1

tmkouvaris -- Investigation Discovery comes in our Expanded Basic and Starter packages. 

New Poster

I have also just been told by an agent that the contract for ID has not been renewed, and that is why I am getting a subscription required message on my box. I had IDHD Saturday night, Sunday, I was given a new DVR set top box for the living room. Now I get Subscription required. I have Digital Preferred Tier according to the order I recently placed for the Super Triple Play promotion. 

When I download the channel lineup that says what channels are supposed to be available to me, is says both ID and IDHD. Can you please verify if there is a problem with my box or your agreement with ID.

Admin1

backwoods1 -- There would not be an issue with your box or agreement with ID. Per the above post, Investigation Discovery is part of our Expanded Basic and Starter tiers. These tiers are not included in Super Triple Play or Preferred. 

New Poster

So how do I get the channel back
Admin1

backwoods1 -- Expanded Basic and Starter tiers are available ala carte. You would have to break up your Triple Play to subscribe to those tiers. 

New Poster

Hello

I just got off the phone with Several peopel telling me that I cannot get ID or OXygemn at all. is this true? She said I have the top package and there is "No other package you could get". can you please tell me what is true and not and how I can get these back before I drop Comcast all together?

Official Employee

Hi nnelson77, I replied to your private message please reach back out me there for further assistance. 

Regular Visitor

I was just on the phone to day to change my service because my contract was up. I was told the only way I could keep ID channel was not to change my package. The rep said if I did I would loose the channel. She said if I changed my package the only way to get it was to stream it off of the you tube app on the x1. Need to know if Comcast is keeping this channel or not. There isn't any point to pay an extra 20 if they are getting rid of the channel and I have to stream it. Might have to go back to direct TV if this is the case.
New Poster

It's become so popular they want you to pay for it!
New Poster

I upgraded to the Premier Tier the other day (219 channels) and found that I no longer get Investigation Discovery, TRU, WE and others. I had them for years when I was on Digital Starter. I don't understand how I can lose channels when I UPGRADE. I am in Baltimore, MD FYI.

Regular Visitor

That is because you changed your package. I confirmed what the rep I spoke to told me when I wanted to down grade. If you change your package at all you will lose those channels. You are considered a existing customer if you dont change anything. The minute you change your package it's considered a new service. And because of the contract not being signed only existing customers can keep those channels. If you have the you tube app with your subscription you can stream ID. This was told to me by both reps. The streaming from you tube is a pain. So i bit the bullet and kept my current package.
Official Employee

@purdyjack, 

There was a package/channel lineup change in your area recently. I'd like to review your account to see if I can find a comparable package that includes those channels for you. Can you please verify your first and last name, full street address, and the phone number or account number associated with your services in a private message? 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me. 

New Poster

Agreed. This makes not sense.  We pay a lot of money to updgrade and then we come to find out later that we are losing services we had before the "upgrade".  Some posts go as far to say you CAN get these channels if you break up your Triple Play!!! Ugh!

Official Employee

There may be a package that is comparable to what you have that would cause your rate to be lower. I wouldn't mind checking it out for you. Just let me know by shooting me a private message. 

Regular Visitor

Can I get a definite answer to what is going on with Id channel. There seems to be a lot of different information. I would like to change my package but was told I can't if I want to keep that channel. I would like to get rid of some premium channels and lower my cost.
Official Employee

Sure, it has been removed from some lineups and relocated to other lineups in some area. However, I wouldn't be able to confirm or provide you with a definite answer as to your account until I could verify your account information to make sure I am providing you with the correct info.

You can also check your local channel lineup here.

New Poster

Funny I specially asked for 2 channels ID and Tru Tv when signed up 3 days later told be another 80 Dollars to add!!
New Poster

I had it up until 2 days ago when I switched plans. Not one word was said that I was losing 6 channels. 4 that I watch all the time
New Poster

Can you tell me the packages that include those channels because I cant seem to find the answer. Mine was fine until I switched packages 2 days ago.
New Poster

Xfinity no longer has ID, WE, Oxygen and truTV. They have chosen to end their contract with them. From What I was told, if you have a package that has the channels you will keep them for now(that is until Xfinity decides to sunset them). However, if you change your TV package you will lose the channels. It's crazy cuz these are the only channels I watch and it is usless for me to have cable now.

New Poster

Yeah they never said a word when I changed my package on Sunday. I am waiting to speak to a supervisor tomorrow. I wouldn't have switched HAD they told me I was losing 6 channels.
Regular Visitor

They will just tell you sorry. I extremely doubt they will give back going by what the rep told me when I was going to change plans. They told me once you change plans you are considered a "new customer" and you will never be able to get the it back. She did say I could stream it on the Xfinity you tube app if I changed packages. Unfortunately I think you might be wasting your time.
New Poster

AT&T's DIRECTV has TV plans that include this channel for as low as $35/month for the first year.  Half the price of Xfinity!!

New Poster

I want my ID Channel ansld Oxygen back. I upgraded to a new package and was given the wrong information by the representative. BRING BACK OXYGEN AND THE ID CHANNEL
New Poster

I asked that question to a rep if I can pay extra and they told me no
New Poster

OK, so it's nice to have a place to vent dissatisfaction with the removal of favorite channels.  Who do we contact in the responsiboe programming office to be sure that somethig positive is being done to get these cahannels back.

New Poster

I to watch I.D. Discovery and it was taken off our lineup with new package. I see it is being offered as a subscription. If this happens in the future I will remove all cable from my home immediately and go to the fire stick.