Community Forum

Internal Authentication Error on Fire Stick

New Poster

Internal Authentication Error on Fire Stick

I have an Amazon Firestick, and I downloaded the Lifetime app to watch some shows. It asks me to sign in to watch the shows. I select the "Xfinity" option and it says "You're automatically signed in with Xfinity and ready to watch!" Then, it says "Internal Authentication Error" and won't sign in. I have access to Lifetime with my cable package, so why can't I access the shows on the app? I see a lot of posts where people say that they don't have the option to choose Xfinity as a provider. That's not the case for me. It is shown as a provider, but it still won't log in.
Official Employee

Re: Internal Authentication Error on Fire Stick

Hi CaitGonz, have you tried accessing the app on another device other than your Fire Stick? Have you tried removing the app from your device and then adding it back? Is this the only app that's not operating correctly on your fire stick? 

New Poster

The same thing is happening for me on CNN and Lifetime - it started within the past month or so, and just goes to an infinite authentication loop. It is clearly across apps so is a problem with xfinity
Official Employee

Lindsayr28 wrote: The same thing is happening for me on CNN and Lifetime - it started within the past month or so, and just goes to an infinite authentication loop. It is clearly across apps so is a problem with xfinity

I know our app is not supported on any Amazon equipment, and we don't have an agreement to stream our service on Amazon devices. Can you try signing into your CNN/Lifetime app on another device and tell me if you get the same error? 

New Poster

Same thing happened to me with the SYFY app. It was the first time I used this app and I had just downloaded it. I just restarted the firestick and tried again. It worked Smiley Happy
Official Employee

smillner wrote: Same thing happened to me with the SYFY app. It was the first time I used this app and I had just downloaded it. I just restarted the firestick and tried again. It worked Smiley Happy

Thank you for sharing your results with us here, hopefully rebooting the app and the fire stick will fix everyone's issue. If not please feel free to reach back out to me here.