Community Forum

ID and WE channel. Need subscription?

New Poster

ID and WE channel. Need subscription?

I like the ID channel and it says that I need a subscribtion. Also lost the WE channel.

These are the only two channels that I see an issue with.

I don't have more subscriptions to sign up for. I have everything, supposedly. Super Triple Play

Any idea what has changed?

Or is it that Comcast has once again read it's customers minds and moved channels that they like to another teir? 

New Poster

Re: ID and WE channel. Need subscription?

Yeah, Oxygen is the same. I contacted customer service and was told the packages were changed and those channels are no longer available in any packages. I'm rethinking my service, because those are literally the only channels I watch and the whole reason I have cable. 

New Poster

There are 6 channels not on service anymore - those are 3, I don't remember the others. I too like those 2!

New Poster

It would be nice if the personnel that answer the phone would have an actual clue.
I was told there was a video problem in the area and to restart box later that day.
Frequent Visitor

There are 6 channels that are not supported with the new packages.

1. Oxygen
  2. Investigation Discover (ID)
  3. WGN America
  4. UP!
  5. WeTV
  6. TruTV

So if you have made a change out of your old package into one of the new ones, which are named standard, select, signature, and super, you no longer have those channels.  If you recently made the change, you may be able to revert back to your old package but the pricing may vary.  

New Poster

Thank you
That’s more informative than a Comcast employee.
You would think that the folks answering the phone would have this information available to them
New Poster

I was told on Comcast Chat that ID no longer has a license for Comcast however; I still have commercials for the channel but now I need a subscription. Can't get a subscription for it. I also wanted to get UP TV back and it's $4.99 which I ordered over Christmas but it still hasn't started. 

Regular Contributor

@bfree0890 wrote:

There are 6 channels that are not supported with the new packages.

1. Oxygen
  2. Investigation Discover (ID)
  3. WGN America
  4. UP!
  5. WeTV
  6. TruTV

TruTV could be a problem in mid-March, as it covers 16 games from the first two rounds of the NCAA men's basketball tournament (the four "Dayton games," eight first round, and four second round).

Frequent Visitor

TruTv and oxygen have been back for a couple months now in the new packages.
New Poster

In answer to your question, Xfinity personnel will lie about the answer to this question. What I've found out is that they lost the contract with those stations and more. Probably because of unethical practices, such as lying to customers. If you like these stations there are other options which I now use. Right now I'm locked into this contract and as soon as it is done I will no longer be an Xfinity Customer.

Their customer service is horrible, miserable, poor! These people must be trained to lie.  Obviously, they are not trained to assist the taxpayers that pay the bills.

Just like SEARS hopefully, the lies and misinformation will catch up with them.

There are other options out there you just have to investigate. Also, so of these options a cheaper.

Do yourself a favor.

Let's see if they post my reply to your question. Woman Sad Woman Frustrated

New Poster

Nope! They lost the contract. The question is WHY?

New Poster

They lied. Lost the contract and will not explain why. But they've added stations that you have to pay more money. Go figure.

New Poster

Hi,I just couldn’t figure it out and now that I’m reading what everyone is sayin.,I can’t believe it..I also was told that if you call every other month they would find a much better and chesper deal when what you already have.,I’m upset cause I love the We TVs channel and that’s one of the channels I was told that would be back on our package deal.so I waited 3days later and NOT A DARN THING..so I’ll give them a call again tomorrow.,try to speak to someone online,But now if u have netflix,it’s saying you have to call,just because you’ll a netflix customers which is crazy,cuz if you’re paying the bill they don’t ask you that..why pay 4.99$ due to something they did on their end..I miss my law and order and it’s one other station..Thank y’all for all of the great inform..again I asked and you can’t get a straight answer out of these ppl anymore..And my hubby and I been with comcast for 20 years,you would think our bill would be Cheaper Naw it’s 290$
Frequent Visitor

They’ve explained why they no longer carry those channels. Every network has a contract with a provider. They have to negotiate how much they get paid to put their network with a provider. Those channels wanted more money than Comcast wanted to pay, which I would say is good for the consumer since guess who gets to pay the extra?
New Poster

I just got off the phone with comcast. They arecn Negotiations with the Channels.
Frequent Visitor

I have been with Comcast everywhere I've lived since the early 80's when cable TV first came out. It has become my most dreaded task the last few years in negotiating a price. This year we were done & over in 10 minutes, or so I thought after signing for another 2 years. There was no mention of all the dropped channels. In addition, I use a credit card for auto-debit. They billed someone else, who disputed the charges & I did not know this. All I saw were late charges every month, which made no sense. Next, I find that TV stations that I do watch were gone. As far as "on demand" a few may be on one series, but I get redirected to Amazon Prime or Netflix. A new series I had set to record did not do so. It was just yesterday I realized that. I watched episode 1, then it said it required a $5.95/mo. subscription. I have the "Triple Play" with everything except sports packages. I have spent over SEVEN hours with them on chat, up to mgmnt who also promised to put back WE TV for me three separate times. I took screenshots. I have had my TV screen blacked out saying I have a loose connection. I do not have a loose connection.  All they are repeatedly doing is trying to sell me a home security system.  Can you put a restraining order on them? Yesterday, seeing an upcoming bill for almost double what I agreed to, I called which is not easy because once again, it was virtually impossible to get someone to speak with. I will say that she is the first rep. who had a clue and straightened out my billing. As far as channels, no. You cannot get a subscription. Those that promised to add WE, as I saw it on the lowest tier, was explained. If you have it, you will continue to until your current contract expires. It cannot be added as I was told by 6 reps in chat. It is obvious to me that Xfinity is trying to sell data & phasing out channels. Had I known this, there is no way I would have resigned with them. Gone are ID, WGN, WE, Epix, though you can get Epix for a fee (maybe more are gone, but these are)  & partial "on demand" even on channels included, you must pay to watch.  This is the truth.  Don't think that you can add the channels above for a fee. Xfinity did not sign a contract for them. They are gone, period. I hope this helps someone and not have to go through what I did.