Community Forum

ID Discovery not available with upgraded service

New Poster

ID Discovery not available with upgraded service

I just upgraded my service package today and am now unable to get ID Discovery. I just contacted customer service about it and found out that it’s not available in the upgraded package (nor is the Oxygen network and a number of others I watch consistently). When I said that I’d like to return to the package I just had, I was told I could do that, but then I’ll lose approx. 15-20 channels included in the digital preferred package I just left. The channels I’ll lose for a downgrade include Nat. Geo., History, Cartoon Network, and many more that had been considered “Basic” for decades. None of the four people I spoke with prior to finalizing my upgrade plans mentioned losing channels with an upgrade, and the gentleman with whom I corresponded in “chat” couldn’t really tell me what I WOULD be able to watch. I want to know my options and on another portion of the forum, a Comcast rep. indicated...

“All other users, if you need support with checking your local channel lineup, please create a new post, and a member of our team will assist. Thank you.”  

I’m requesting this assistance. Thank you.

New Poster

Re: ID Discovery not available with upgraded service

Going through the same thing.  I specifically asked and was told I would lose nothing but movie channels.  I lost WE Tv and ID, the two channels I used more than any others.  I keep getting different answers from customer service.  I was told that the channels are no longer available to anyone, but they are still on the guide and show as subscription services.  I just want a straight answer.  If they're not coming back, it might be time to make the change to DirectTV, which I really don't want to do.  I was told switching back to my old plan won't get me those channels back.  So confused.

New Poster

Same problem I have. IDHD and Oxygen suddenly disappeared. Customer service— four times—had no clue. Directv looking better....

Frequent Visitor

I'm in the same boat. Upgraded to Super Triple play now WE and ID are gone. Keep getting XRE 03121 on both channels. 

Official Employee

Hello @Catnaps1, I can review your account to determine if these channels are still included in your lineup. Please send me a message by clicking on my name, "ComcastChe" then click send a message. In the body of this message please verify your first and last name, and the account number or phone number associated with your services.

@Jasmc, We apologize for the inconvenience. The ID and WE channels are not available in the new Super Triple Play package. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

This is crazy. I was TOLD that I would not loose anything when i upgraded.  THIS should be one of the things disclosed when talkiing with an agent about upgrading.  I am not even allowed to return to my previous package.

Official Employee

Hi @EKing5708

We apologize for the inconvenience. f you would like to make any changes to your current package I'd be more than happy to assist you, just send me a private message including your first and last name and the account number associated with your services. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I was told the same thing and I would not have switched had I known I would lose Investigation Discovery.  It is literally the only channel I watch.  I was told it might be available to me if it gets returned and to check my preferred email?

New Poster

Ugh. I'm in the same boat. ID is one of my fav channels. My husband went and changed plan, presumably better and cheaper but was given no disclosure that these channels would be gone after subscribtion change. Incredibly frustrating when doling out a boatload each month to Comcast. I want out!!!

New Poster

It is not an "inconvenience."  It's a flat-out misrepresentation and fraud.  It's a bait and switch to take away channels.  I've never liked Comcast service, but this one has me furious.    It's bad enough people are losing channels, but I understand that's a corporate decision.  I think what is making people so angry is that they were told they would lose nothing and then had those channels removed.  It's doubly infuriating when you have neighbors that have the channels you can't get and never should have lost in the first place but for the deceptive marketing practice.

New Poster

I also lost my ID and Oxygen channels with the upgrade. The agent lied to me and told me I don’t have the channels because Comcast lost the contract and they were working on trying to get the contract back.
New Poster

how can we contact Comcast to demand those channels back. If i known this before i would hava stayed with hulu live tv
Frequent Visitor

Is there any hope of getting these channels back? Directtv now is only $10 for the first 3 months and includes ID, Tru TV and WE. I'm going to give it a try and see if I can live without xfinity tv service. Thanks comcast for force weening me off of cable. 

Official Employee

Hello All, 

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. These changes are part of an ongoing effort to review the programming we offer based on a host of factors including programming costs, alternative viewing options and overall viewing habits (e.g., more lightly viewed programming). 

To make a channel request, please follow this link