Community Forum

I think it might be time for me to cut the cord!

Highlighted
Contributor

I think it might be time for me to cut the cord!

What happened to all the content I had access to since last year? I can't even binge watch series anymore, what did you guys do within the past month? Current seasons that are airing, we NOW can only go back and watch the most recent 2 or 3 previous episodes that aired? What has happened?! If a tv series is currently in season 5 but the lastest episode that aired was episode 15, customers use to be able to go back and watch all the previous episodes "of that season" to catch up, now customers are only allowed to go back only to 2 or 3 previously aired episodes?

Issue #2:
I use to have access to a whole series since last year, which I was still binge watching and now you guys flipped a switch that limits customers who previously had access to whole series to now only allowing them to have access to the latest season?

Prices are going up, customers that had free boxes included in their package don't anymore and now you're limiting the content we have access to? What's the point of staying?

Disney+ is looking real good right about now because most of the content I watch, has been bought out by Disney and all I have to do is buy a subscription and download the app to my Smart TV. There's literally no reason for any of us to stay with Comcast anymore, I guess Comcast will have the same fate as Blockbusters and Sprint SMH....
Highlighted
Expert

Re: I think it might be time for me to cut the cord!

You are correct in your assessment except for one major point.

There are currently way more channels fighting for viewers than we can possibly watch. Most are loosing money. There are also more ways to get programing: OTA, cable, satellite, streaming services over broadband.

Some of the programing and channels are owned by competitiors of Comcast. They can force Comcast to either charge more money to us, or loose the service. There is a "mine field" out there when looking for other services. All companies follow the same business practices in getting new customers. Any bundled discounts are lost. I am in the same boat as the rest of you.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Contributor

My issue is a little bit different though, I haven't lost any channels I watch like most have... The networks/content I watch, availability is now limited, meaning if I don't watch an episode after it's been posted to the On Demand for two weeks, it gets removed or I have to buy the episode which is ridiculous lol.

Most content I consume, are Disney owned properties (since Disney is buying everything lol) WarnerMedia properties, and ViacomCBS properties. There's only 4 properties that Comcast owns that I watch... NBC (1 show), Syfy (1 show), Bravo (1 show), and E! (1 show). Comcast really doesn't own anything else of my interest or have any special partnerships that would require me to stay especially with the increase of prices.

2019 has been an awful year for their cable subscribers, the issues are 50/50 split. You have customers that lost their favorite channels and then you have customers with my issue "limited availability" of content you've had access to in your package for years. I was fine until I couldn't binge watch series or catch up on several episodes I missed. Comcast has always had limited availability to 3rd party content but that availability lasted months instead of weeks and since this is the case now, I don't see the point of staying.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

You are so right!! Time to cut the cord!! I hate the 'new' EPIX channels.. such a waste of time... I hate HITZ... just a streaming channel in disguise... I hate StreamPix... another waste of time...
However... Disney+ (especially if you are a Disney, Marvel, Star Wars fan) is amazing and so worth it!!  And Prime is so very worth it too!!
Taking away 15 channels and giving us lousey 8/9 channels doesn't seem like good business practice, especially since the cost has remained the same (and HITZ is using streaming data which I'd much rather use on Disney+ or Prime).
Anyway... as soon as my contract is up... I'm outta here!!

Highlighted
Expert

Just be careful.

Companies like Disney are just offering a low price to get people to switch. The price will rise fast.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Contributor

You are absolutely correct!

Your decision should be solely based on what the company can offer you product wise, never the price. Prices are not **fixed**, they fluctuate all the time.

Disney was definitely a major go for me after they bought 21st Century Fox/20th Century Fox lol... Along with all the other assets that Disney owns lol, they have a darn fine product regardless the price "for me" lol.