Community Forum

How do I find out what channels I'm supposed to get?

Highlighted
New Poster

How do I find out what channels I'm supposed to get?

Comcast's channel lineup list for my area (Houston, TX) does not give me enough information.  I signed up the the Digital Preferred package, but I'm not getting some of the channels I expected would come with this package.  How can I know if the channel is one that I don't receive - or if something is wrong with my setup?

Comcast's channel lineup lists the stations and their numbers, and which ones are HD, etc.; but there is no list that identifies what channels are included with my package.  For instance, there is a digital starter, digital preferred & digital premier.  What is the difference between them?

The descriptions of the packages in the "shop" section are unhelpful since they tell me how many channels are included, but not which ones.

Does anyone know how to get the kind of list I'm looking for?

Gold Problem Solver

Re: How do I find out what channels I'm supposed to get?

In my area, you can go to the Comcast web site, enter your location, select the TV Programming tab and Channel Lineup, then the "Select a package type" option will give a list of channels within each package.  If that doesn't work for you, then call 1-800-COMCAST and ask for a list.

If a channel isn't appearing because of a problem, then you'll see a message such as "One moment please."  If it's because it isn't in your package you should see a message suggesting that you subscribe in order to receive it.

New Poster

In my area, the channel lineup page does say at the top, "Select a package from the drop-down menu below..." but there is no drop-down menu.  I've looked for it several times, wondering if I've developed a blind spot or a brain defect - but I swear it's not there.

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/142196/comcast.png

And the helpful messages aren't there for me because I use a TiVo instead of the Comcast box.

I suppose a phone call is what I'll have to do - I usually do this as a last resort.

Thanks for your help.

Frequent Visitor

I also have found the Comcast website almost useless for my area, Baltimore County, Maryland.  It does list the correct stations/channel numbers but as far as which are are included in which package, forget it.  Also, it is not clear to me on the pricing whether package pricing is really the full price or whether it is an additional charge on top of all the lower service level charges.  For example, is the Digital Starter price listed what you pay on top of the cost for the Limited and Full Standard?  Do you to pay the Limited charge in addition to the Full Standard charge to get Full Standard?  It is beyond me why such a large company as Comcast can't provide a clear description of their services on their website.
Gold Problem Solver

About the only way I can decipher the pricing is to look at my bill.