Community Forum

How do I dismiss a movie on Tubi?

Contributor

How do I dismiss a movie on Tubi?

I keep having a movie interrupt the show I'm watching on Tubi.  I do see the word "Dismiss", but I don't know how to do that with my Xfinity remote.

I have not signed into Tubi and prefer not to.  Please advise how I can finish watching my show without this movie beginning.  Thanks.

Contributor

Re: How do I dismiss a movie on Tubi?

I keep getting different movies trying to start and interrupting the show I'm watching.  Does anyone here know how to Dismiss the movie using the X1 remote??

Contributor

Here's an example.  If I'm watching a stand up comedy on Tubi and the show is over when a movie starts countdown to start it's no big deal, I can hit Exit and dismiss the movie.

But........if that movie starts in the middle of my show, and I hit Exit to get rid of it, I am also taken out of my comedy show and can no longer see the rest of it.

If I try to get back to it and continue to view the unwatched part, the movie constantly interrupts over and over again and I cannot finish watching a short simple show.

Official Employee

Greetings, JD2016! I appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us here on the forums. I hope you are having an amazing day. I apologize to hear your show keeps getting interrupted. That's certainly frustrating. I know it would drive me batty not being able to start from where I left off. Could you provide us with what Xfinity remote you have? Is it the XR-15 or the XR-11?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

Sorry for the late reply, this forum wasn't letting me post one, kept getting a refresh page error that didn't work.

Thanks for your reply Michael, the remote we have is X11

Official Employee

Hey, JD2016. No worries at all as I'm glad you were able to get back to me. This may be a basic question but on the XR-11 do the arrows allow you to toggle from dismiss to other options? If it does, are you able to toggle to the other options and then back to dismiss and us the center ok button to select dismiss?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Contributor

The stand-up comedy is stopped in the middle and we want to finish watching it.  The movie intro (movie we have no interest in) starts with seconds countdown and we can't stop it or see the rest of the show.

The arrows do not let us go up to Dismiss at all, it goes high enough to the movie, but not to Dismiss above the movie.

So, we can't get to Dismiss or Other Options to stop the movie and continue watching the comedy.

Official Employee

Hey JD2016. I appreciate that follow up and trying to attempt those steps. From my understanding what you might be seeing are ads and there's no way to skip around them or dismiss them. Kind of like when you're watching a long youtube video and you hit a part with an ad. Have you ever just let the count down happen to see if it continues your show?

Contributor

Yes, I let the countdown happen, it was only a matter of seconds, and the movie started to play.

Official Employee

Thank you for attempting that, JD2016. I want to see if I can look into this a little more. Can you send me a PM with your first and last name so I may further assist you? To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

Official Employee

Hello, JD2016. I have not heard back from you. If you still need assistance, please feel free to start a new public thread.