Community Forum

How can I add one channel: CMT

New Poster

How can I add one channel: CMT

Does anyone know how I can get CMT added? We already have Comcast's digital preferred cable lineup, just don't want to pay an arm and a leg for one channel request if you know what I mean! I like their programming and would like to catch the country countdown once and a while. Any help would be most grateful. Thank you! -Drew

cmt-logo.jpg

Tags (2)
Silver Problem Solver

Re: How can I add one channel: CMT

You cannot add one channel. You have to choose the package that contains the channels you want.

Gold Problem Solver

undscott11 wrote: Does anyone know how I can get CMT added? We already have Comcast's digital preferred cable lineup ...

In most areas you would need to subscribe to the Sports Entertainment Pack. See http://my.xfinity.com/channelhelp/

Visitor

That's is about the stupidest thing I have heard. I must subscribe to a Sports Package to a Country Music Television channel!!!!!! It comes with Dish and Direct TV with the HD preferred packages. Maybe a change to another provider is in order. Comcast's decision on Chanel lineup is absolutely stupid in this case.....
New Poster

This is absurd. I have just called to add the ESPN channels and am told that I have to get a whole package!! REALLY comcast? Get with the times! 

In addition the Rep had different offers on her "system" than were online... she could not offer the package I saw online from her system until next week... what good is that when I want to watch live sports today? Seriously Comcast - you are so behind the times it is embarrassing. 

Frequent Visitor

I,am upset with Comcast taking CMT away from digital preferred. I need to subscribe to sports pkg in order to receive this. 

I will miss Nashville TV show, but do not want the sports pkg. CMT should not be considered a sport. Please bring back CMT on digital preferred so fans can enjoy Nashville once again! ABC was stupid for cancelling such a great show"

Problem Solver

Hi shadow47,

I apologize for the inconvenience you experiencing. At this time the CMT channel is available thru Sports and Entertainment package. You can also submit a Customer Feedback Form . 

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

I am in the same situation. Nashville, formerly on ABC, has been picked up by CMT, a channel that does not appear on my Digital Preferred lineup that I currently have. I will look into getting the Sports package if it's not too expensive. There will be a lot more fans of Nashville who use Comcast and do not get CMT. I think it was a mistake to remove CMC from the Preferred lineup. 

Official Employee
Moved:

Regular Visitor

We have Comcast too, and I've been a fan of Nashville, since the beginning.  Now, because ABC cancelled it, and CMT has picked it up, I won't be able to watch Nashville, since it has been moved off the service.  We're not interested in a sports package either.  I agree....CMT is NOT a sports channel.  Please bring back CMT on your service, so that us Nashville fans can continue to enjoy the show.  I agree.....ABC was stupid to cancel it.  But that's the networks for you!  In fact, I stumbled here, looking for a place to email Comcast about this subject.  Thank you for your time.

New Poster

Why was CMT moved to the Sports Entertainment package.  Please add it back to digital preferred.

Official Employee

Troupdog wrote:

Why was CMT moved to the Sports Entertainment package.  Please add it back to digital preferred.

Apologies. Some information about this can be found at the link below:  

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Channels-and-Programming/Spike-CMT-POP-Mega-Thread-change-1-7-16-1-14-1...

Some FAQs here: http://my.xfinity.com/channelhelp/